Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    i still hate the door.
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    Hi can i ask what your using to do this design?
    are u using UDK?
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    ya, he's using UDK.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Hey guys, thanks for all the kind remakrs. Sorry. I didn't see all the posts untill now. Or else I would have responded sooner.

Erikb - Yes I'm using UDK. All meshes were made with 3d max 2009 and all textures with photoshop.

My mesh workflow was pretty simple: I made highpoly models for the meshes that I thought needed the extra detail. Baked those to a low poly version. Then UV mapped and textured.

Scale was sort of hit and miss. I tried to get the proportion as close to the concept image as I could within max. After that If i thought they needed tweaked I would do so in UDK.

The mist/fog are made from particle emitters. The light beams are meshes with a texture that has an alpha channel.

I made the cables by creating one cylinder with a repeating texture, duplicated it 3 times, and shaped each one to what I needed. 1 for the ceiling and 2 for the ground - a straight one and one with a 90 degree bend.

Hope that helps :)

Rooster - Why are you hating on my door? lol, You need to give some sort of context to your post. Its fine that you don't like it, but tell me what you don't like and how it should be changed.

Hawken - He's my UDK Pet ;)