Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monster Truck Car Rig

Hi guys,

Posting here on a recommendation from my uni course. Basically I'm a MSc 3D Games Modelling student and the task for my Advanced Rigging module was to create a working rig for either a quadruped or a vehicle.

I chose to rig a Monster Truck and used the Grave Digger truck by Prykie (no marks for modelling, only the rig!) and I've made the following;

Here's an image of my rig:

4173287531_655c4b8fcf_b.jpg

and my Youtube video (sound is quite low):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_2yhNdxJyM[/ame]

Would be great to hear peoples feedback on this, as I can put it in my final presentation

Sorry if this is the wrong area of the board as well- I wasn't sure whether to put it in Technical Talk, but as this is my work rather than a technical question, I thought I'd post here, forgive me if I'm wrong though.

Cheers
Aaron

Replies

• arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    I think that vehecles arent rigged ingame but scripted to behave giving the input (acceleration + wheel direction)
    so since this seems to work in max you have the right solution (the concept of that)
    maybe making it controllable by the inputs usually used ingame (lets say a stick of a joypad) and you're really done with it
  • senor-cojones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah the idea with the mainly is a kind of proof of concept- that these kinds of things can be done/i know how to do them, but yes it would be mostly scripted in a game afaik.

Nice idea on the joypad controls- I hadn't really thought about that actually. Any ideas on how I might go about that kind of thing?

Thanks for the feedback anyways