Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Koden

Greetings all! I am in the process of finishing my degree in Media Arts & Animation. With so many talented artists here, I'd love to get feedback on my work.

Please feel free to comment, critique, correct or complain.

Replies

• Koden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a fire alarm for an environment I am working on.

This is the diffuse without a spec or bump map.

alarm-wear01.jpg
  • Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    The colors of the metal pop a bit too much, maybe tone it down a bit or add some more wear and tear to the pieces. Also the texture on the metal plate saying "Fire Dept. or Police" looks a bit off. like it should wrap a bit tighter to that inside curve.
  • Koden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went back into the diffuse map and added some more grunge on the metal plate and screw objects. I also increased the visibility of the scratches. There's now a subtle bump map as well, and a specular map to go along with it. I'm not sure if I need to readjust the spec map or find a better lighting technique.

The screws/metal plate still don't look correct, though I'm not sure what I need to adjust.

alarm-persp-final2.jpga%3E
  • Koden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I found this guy from way way back and have started back up on it. I'd like to apply some small cracks and fissures on the stone mantel/hearth as well as the edges of a few of the bricks. I'm concerned that these details might be too small for a normal map to capture, and its been suggested that I create these details in my diffuse and output a mini-normal map to merge with my full scale map.

I do intend on putting some sort of wall along the back, and perhaps a few props on the ground and mantel. Maybe make it a little micro-environment.

compcopy1.jpg

compcopy2.jpg