Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Slayer

Howdy Folks of Polycount

I'm currently in the process of expanding my portfolio in the hopes of finding a fulltime position as a character artist.

Anyhow this is my latest creation so far, a female vampire slayer who is the love child of blade and lara croft if they where to ever meet ;P

As you can see i'm just roughing in the major forms at the moment, she's rather tall as i'm going for a heroic female rather than your average day to day female, however she may be to tall, bear in mind she is wearing heels also.

pc1.jpg

Need to add a few other features particulary, utility belt with leg holster attached, steaks and maybe some kind of garlic spray or grendade not sure yet.

Looking for any feedback on where i'm currently at, as it you guys who are gonna help me better my artwork and get me one step closer to that job :)

Replies

• Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Great start!

Nice proportions thus far i'd like to see how this turns out. I'd try to strat away from the cliche pieces that have been getting uber popular such as the leg holsters and bring some originality into it.

A 3/4 or side shot would help, as it is from the front her underboobage is looking kind of flat.

Just want to make sure this doesn't happen..
    633798182824197635-underboob.jpg
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i see nothing wrong with the above image
  • SyncViewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
    Hi Hansell, I see a major flaw in your anatomy: shoulders width. It doesn't matter if you're aiming for an average or heroic female body, shoulders must be 2 heads wide, lined up with the hips. In a man it should be 2 and a half, but can be bigger in heroic, and super-heroic because of excessive bulging muscles.

If you'd like to hear a much authoritative voice than mine, take a look at Cristopher Hart's How to Draw Comics - Awesome Anatomy!.
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Rhinokey wrote: »
    i see nothing wrong with the above image

Didn't say there was anything wrong. Just seems like female warrior or heroic types should have some exaggerated arsenal. Just looks too flat from up front imo. :)
  • Hansell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the kind words and feedback thus far, its really appreciated.

Kaburan: I'll post up a 3/4 shot as soon as i've tweaked the porportions of the character, and i'll be looking into other types of holster aside for the leg one, as you say there quite commonplace as of late

SyncViewS: Thanks for the feedback, your right about the proportions probably cos i've been starring at her for too long and in my quest to make her slender i somehow lost the curves on the hips and shoulder width, i'll get on to fixing these.

Cheers again, keep it coming :)
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    kaburn the more athletic a female is the lest exagerated her arsenal usualy is.. unless they go by the plastic surgeons to spend their loot. i like the model so far and agree with sync about the shoulders but would sugest anything besides chris hart as being your ref,, never cared much for his books,, maybe loomis, or some others.
  • missberetta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would say make the nose a bit smaller as she seems a bit masculine in the face at the moment. If you want her to be "attractive" - looking at the design of the shirt, I think you do - the nose width should be significantly smaller than the mouth.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the vibe i'm getting from this is more or less a dude with boobs. :\

I'm a fan of junk in the trunk, i must admit. so i gave her a little more hips and thighs, and pulled the shoulders in a tad. In the face i rounded the jaw, gave her a smaller chin, made the mouth bigger, nose smaller, and toned down the barrel of the mouth to be more feminine. I also upped the size of the head, it looked a little small to me. (she could fit her head in her fist..)

I hope this can be helpful!

slayer_PO.jpg
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Not to sound harsh, but at the moment the character designyou are showing here limits itself to the underboob. Try to forget that part and ask yourself what makes your character ...

Time to make 2D paintovers bro!
  • Hansell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Once again thx for the feedback, took a break last night, so i'll get back on it today and i'll try to work in the feedback i've recieved so far, don't worry about being harsh or blunt thats what i come here for at the end of the day :)
  • Hansell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh ps thx for the paintover slash its appreciated, and will hopefully get me in the right direction for the proportions
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    follow these proportions and youre as good as gold
    Sexy%20Soccer%20Girls.jpg
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    so there IS a cloning machine already working.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Are you going for the schoolgirl look because that's what the half shirt, short shorts, and thigh high socks are implying?