Home General Discussion

BattleField Heros in the toilet or finally making money?

Replies

• Emperors Teeth
    Honestly, I have never tried it, and never will. I paid what, a tenner for BF:1943 on XBLA? That game gets used every night and I don't have to pay anything extra (barring XBL sub) to get what I love out of it.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Nothing wrong with seeing what works best in a free to try/item sales game. Obviously players will want everything to be free. If you read the actual pricing changes and not Kotaku's "unbiased" "reporting," you can see that they have reduced the prices on a some essential things.

The game is still free to try and explore, and if you want to, keep playing forever for free. If you want to have the full experience, you will need to invest some dollars, but that's how all of these games work.

Heroes was always a bit of an experiment for EA, so it's natural that they will want to try out different pricing and see what works and what doesn't for the players. If they players get royally pissed off at this and don't pay up, then you can be sure that DICE will change the pricing again.
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Game was shit anyways. Send it down the toilet along with americas army 3 and borderlands.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Disco Stu wrote: »
    Game was shit anyways. Send it down the toilet along with americas army 3 and borderlands.

hahah really? I can't speak for AA3 but Borderlands is on my list of top games of 2009 and I got alot of manic lunch time fun out of Heroes.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    loved bf heroes played the hell out of it, had a 50/1 kill death ratio with my stealth sniper, tho i'm the type of guy who will camp for 10 minutes to get that one perfect shot. (unless the team is losing then i have to get dirty an try an get some flags
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dunno had this levelgrind weapongrind feeling along with pretty boring levels.
    It wasnt easy and fun for a few hours playing coop but i was bored after one night of playing.
    Now im not at the friends house often and my net hates hamachi so i cant play
    coop with him and dont feel like playing the game singleplayer.
    Berserker mode is a lot of fun tho ^^
    But those cars! Whoever balanced those guns on it should be shot!
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    I was excited for that game to come out, and by the time it finally did, I didn''t care anymore. Didn't help that the beta testers let everyone know it was horrible, and EA kept saying it needed more time in the oven.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Eh, tried the game, decent at best even in it's free "heyday", bound to slowly disappear into unprofitable obscurity.
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I remember when it was just announced, but I missed the release, so I never played it and now it looks like I never will either.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    It sucks. Now it sucks more.

I could never get use to the poor controls, slow movement, and the lack of weapon balancing. Always felt like I was getting my ass handed to me by the ones spending money.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Meh, it only kept me interested for a week or so... it became such a grind after that, there was no strategy involved at all :(