Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

galbadian soldier FF VIII concept

well it's been a long time since i did my own personal art so i figured i should finish this one up but i've looked at it too much and need some fresh eyes.

just an fyi the high poly still isn't fully sculpted but i don't want to go into the details and realized i missed something.

C&C are welcome! and if any of you could do a paint over that would be great too. thanks everyone.

ss-69.jpg

Replies

• brandoom
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Not a bad start!

As its still a wip, the only thing I will comment on is the size of the piece of cloth around his neck. Compared to the concept, it looks a little small.. but thats an easy fix. Keep working! :)
  • sampson
    Offline / Send Message
    sampson polycounter lvl 9
    this is looking good - it'd be great to see some of the old ff models redone and high res glory. - maybe the shoulder guard could be bigger or maybe its just that you dont have that little extrusion that comes out from under it?
  • Urthrese
    hey thanks guys i'll make the changes for sure. didn't realize the scale was off on the scarf and shoulders but both are quick fixes.

thanks for the crits, i'll try to update this one soon.
  • SnarG
    There's a few scale issues that you could possibly look at while you're at this stage.

The forearms look a bit too short and the arm guards need to raise out more away from the wrists. As mentioned above the shoulder guards could be scaled up and I think the helmet could be scaled down. Perhaps the chest piece could be pulled out a touch more as well to emphasise the skinny mid-section that makes these guys iconic.

On the whole it's looking cool, and the other FF stuff on your site is great.