Home General Discussion

Alan Wake

Replies

• Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Hehe katec. Sure alan wake is a jerk but what famous/succesfull artist isn't!;)

Anyway. Had to buy this game after i watched the quicklook over at giant bomb and my god. I love this game. While the assets might be a bit meeh the whole look and style of the game is a goddamn masterpiece.

They could have handeled the scary-moments a lot better. It's not scary when the camera slows down and zooms up to the enemies every time they pop out of the bushes. Would be far more scary to hear a swoosh and get an axe in your face.

There was one moment when i was running around to get away from a few guys and i ran past a corner on a building where a big buff axe-man stood waiting swinging down at my head as i turned. Did a cinematic dodge and jizzed in my pants due to the sheer awesomeness of the whole cinematic scenario unfolding before my eyes. (Non scripted, non planned, just awesome controls)

The birds are scary though. Always swooping around coming from the angle you ain't covering! :(

And night springs, brilliant! The radio shows are also a nice addition. So yeah. I've heard alot of boohoo about this game but for me it was absolute fuckwin. Playing it on hard now, will play it on nightmare when it's unlocked. Also, the ink-shadow effect is just... oh my god. Especially when you see it wafting towards the night sky.

PS: Sons of asgard fuck ye. Got like 5 achievements in a row :D
  • Flava-Fly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flava-Fly polycounter lvl 9
    So its DLC day. And if you, like everyone else, typed in your retail code way back on release day (like it asked you too) then you will be waiting for the confirmation email so you can download it. Only Mircoshaft have not sent the codes, and wont be sending them until the 2nd of next month :< That is my prize for pre-ordering. Lucky me. Pretty bummed out I really wanted to check it out.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    So, did anyone try the dlc?
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    yeah. A few small gameplay tweaks (no funny dodge at the start of running and more run time, the flashlight affects guys even while unfocused), more enemies.

Story is bad-- on par with the last couple chapters of the "real" game.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Really need to find some time to play it.

SO they changed a few gameplay core stuff, did it got changed in the main game too? Really need to replay this on hard.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Ugh, that was my main problem with the game, I hate it when you can't play on the hardest difficulty setting from the start! Even on hard mode it was too easy!