Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

techs-mechs our UDK indie game!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
**update**
Concept_Juan_CharSheet_small.jpg
Concept_Clint_CharSheet_small.jpg

dado and I have finaly got our Juan the lucha finalized he's just gotta color the big guy and get some orhtos and the modeling on him will be started.

**update**
coder found more efficent way of doing movement is reworking the system should have progress soon

Dado Almeida has joined on with concept work and is working out the look of the lucha juan here is some of his progress

Concept_Juan_Roughs3.jpg
i think i'm favoring the third with the first in a distant second

updated with a vid of point and click movement in a rough level template
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsN15NCbG8A[/ame]

well i've caught udk fever and after messing with a couple pun bassed game play ideas (roboxes) (rocket by baby) we have settled on Techs-Mechs a styalized diabloesque point an click action / rpg that starts out in the small town of 1950's Drybones New Mexico. when Clint a retired texas ranger and his neighbor ex-mexican luchadore Juan's mobile homes are destroyed by a meteorlike alien craft they discover a damaged alien robotlike vehicle, they also uncover an alien plot involving hordes of aliens robots and monsters. together and with the help of Techs-Mechs (the name on the robots branding was "super-tech-mechainized assualt vehicle" was partialy rubbed off in the crash) they set out on an adventure that carries them across the planet and beyond!

now that all the goop is outta the way heres the progress so far.
(yeah theres not much this is the beginings.
tm_6.jpg fleshing out some ideas on style and such with rough props and a hacked up udk camera. ui and player char is still udk also i realized lookin at some ref, that ive got more of an arizona desert an not newmexico, which i have to fix.

i've decided to go the route of roughing in crude props that i will texture with a swatch sheet so its all flat colors, and build hte levels with them, that way i can see for sure in game view where each asset needs to be fleshed out to make it work with the isometric camera angle, here are some rough props airstream mobile home, gas station, picnic table, tree in planter, bbq grill, fence, old tire, pink yard flamingo, cinder block, yard toilet, water pump, water well, drugstore, and another trailer. goina try an rough in a lot more today. placeholder_props.jpg

now on to the most important part! i've found a coder/scripter on the udk forums that has jumped in the project with much fervertude! chris2009 has already got point an click diablo style movement working in game and well under way to other greatnesses!

here is a video of the camera and movement code.
http://www.moddb.com/members/plus1/videos/udk-movement-3#imagebox (may play a short comercial before it plays.

any thoughts would be appreciated

Replies