Offline / Send Message
KWolmarans polycounter lvl 13
Better late than never i suppose.

Concept: The Tea Cup from the "Chronicles of Riddick"

Slam Guard
: You'll kill us... with a soup cup?
Richard B. Riddick: Tea, actually.
Slam Guard: What's that?
Richard B. Riddick: I'll kill you with my teacup.

Reference:
Tea_%20Cup_Source.jpg
Tea%20Cup%202.jpgTorn%20Metal.jpg

Low Poly: its a little over 1.3k poly's
Low_Poly_NT.jpg

Low Poly Render Wireframe.
Low%20Poly%20Wireframe.jpgLow_Poly_Wireframe.jpg

View port Wire frame.
Viewport_Wireframe.jpg
Viewport%20Wireframe.jpg

Replies

• KWolmarans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ive added some scratch and age detail to the mug using MudBox and some stamps/stencil's. I'm new to mudbox so any advice is welcome.
    Tea_Cup_Scratch.jpg
    Tea%20Cup%20Scratch.jpg
  • serialkiler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you smoothed the top ?? looks like plastic that way lol
    and to much scratch looks more like a rocky surface leave the big ones try removing dirty ones also extend some scratches till top i think will look better that way just my opinion though.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    or maybe try a diferente weapong design. this one doesnt looks that great. try and come up with an original idea. mix up diferent parts of diferent tools and come with an awesome weapon.
  • KWolmarans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you smoothed the top ?? looks like plastic that way lol
    and to much scratch looks more like a rocky surface leave the big ones try removing dirty ones also extend some scratches till top i think will look better that way just my opinion though.

When i added poly's in Mudbox it automatically smoothed the base mesh instead of tessellating it. I'm thinking of tessellating it in Max first that way the top will stay "sharp"
    bitmap wrote:
    or maybe try a diferente weapong design. this one doesnt looks that great. try and come up with an original idea. mix up diferent parts of diferent tools and come with an awesome weapon.

I have another idea that im gonna build next. Its a dragon style dagger handle where the tail blends into a wavy blade with notches almost looks ritualistic. I just got such a kick out of the paperclip earlier. I'm a Riddick fan of sorts.
  • KWolmarans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry i didn't update earlier bit life got busy.

This is my first specular map so be nice im still learning the process. (Going for a tin look)

The Normal Map needed some photoshop work to remove some glitches that the cage wouldn't get, but i remembered to run the normalize filter after tweaking it.

Tea_Cup_UE3.jpg

Tea_Cup_01.jpg%20target=_blank%3ETea_Cup_01.jpg

Tea_Cup_02.jpg

Diffuse_Normal_Specular.jpg

Tea_Cup_Normals.jpg

Tea_Cup_Spec.jpg