Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Ludicrous - Indie Shooter - Looking for Lead and Environment Artists

Hi there,

We are a small indie team and have been working on Ludicrous for a long time now. It is finally in a solid working state and we want to extend the team with two or three artists.

Currently, we don't have an active artist in the team, therefore, the main reason for this post is to find a lead artist for Ludicrous, who's responsible for the games future art direction. And we want environment artists, who will be responsible for creating new levels.

We're a small and friendly team, so I hope to hear back from someone. You can contact me, Marko, via mail: info@ludicrous.eu .

If you want to try out the game, we have a public beta on our homepage: http://ludicrous.eu/cms/demo/

Thanks a lot

And here are two youtube videos:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDDT2OXgGCI[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wy4YRiBI5Y[/ame]

lc3d-2009-11-02-11-55-16-88_thumb.jpg

lc3d-2009-11-02-11-53-44-90_thumb.jpg

lc3d-2009-11-02-11-14-53-13_thumb.jpg

lc3d-2009-11-02-11-14-16-13_thumb.jpg

Replies

• Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man.

Just wanted to say this look awesome!...reminds me of Soldat! and the like.

Congrats for getting this far as well, few projects do.

Good luck with the search for some artists!

John
  • Ludicrous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot John, nice to hear, that you like it :)

It was a long ride to get the game to the current state. I hope to get to the next level and make an awesome game with a few talented artists.
  • Ludicrous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We're still looking for artists. The response so far was really low. No one here, who has some hours spare time? Or are you all busy playing MW2, AC2 and L4D2 :\

Where are all the art students? This project won't fail, as it's already too far and too long in development. The last missing part is eye-candy art.

Anyway, hope dies last :)

If you want to get a better overview of the workflow: I made some video tutorials about level creation: http://www.ludicrous.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56
  • nate0109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I am a 3d modeler I make bigger models IDK if you can scale em down and use em, I mostly do guns and the non guns I make are realistic so yeah
  • Ludicrous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please send me a mail with some of your samples, as stated in the inital post.

Thanks
  • Ludicrous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First, I wish everyone a happy new year and good luck for you and your families in 2010.

We're still searching for talented artists. We had some applications, but most of them, except one person, just stopped responding to E-Mail and never came back to the forum without saying a word (is this a common practice for 3d modelers? I don't hope so). So, we're at the start again.

Anyway, if you read this, and you ask yourself, what you have to model, take a look at the art from Kean Kennedy, our concept artists. So, we need someone, who's talented enough, to rebuild the concept art.

If you want to know, what you have to create:
    - low-poly models
    - normal maps
    - specular maps

We're still a small and nice team :) So, if you want to help us out and want to be part of the team, feel free to contact me.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg
  • NeoGzus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm interested in workin on a similar style game, but a Fighting game with more cinematic combos and fatalities etc.
    I'm gonna start 3d animation schooling in june and hopefully I'll be able to animate and model like a pro.
    Until then, I have nothing but time on my hands (work at home job, 90% free time) so I could definitely work with you guys.
    I've done some level designing for Unreal engine games and others(since 2003) and I could help with the Environments.

Sample of my previous works
    ScreenShot00025.jpg
    ScreenShot00037.jpg
    ScreenShot00023.jpg
    lkviewterrace.jpg
    ScreenShot00045.jpg

I can be contacted via yahoo @ Gmalmgren
    or msn @ gmalmgren@yahoo.com
    Names GARY, look forward to working with yall :)
  • Szark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Szark polycounter lvl 12
    Unfortunately I don't have the time right now as I am also trying to get a small game project off the ground, otherwise I'd be interested in helping you out.

Keep it up, and good luck with the search!
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    Sent you an email about doing some work for you :)
  • Ludicrous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments to everyone.
  • NeoGzus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would you consider using Unreal Engine 3 for a more intricate game design? Easy to customize and easy to look up references?
    Just askin cuz I juuuust realized it wasn't an UE3 game, looked VERY similar to one tho.
    But I'm willing to learn anything as long as I can get the opportunity to work with ppl on a project I support and would like to succeed.

I'd like to be the cinematic coordinator on this one. If you could count every cinematic being a kill and every kill being a different animation, I'd like to work with you on that and dedicate my time into making something as simple as this seem more OVER THE TOP!

Players demand more and better artistry. "I DEMAND MORE" from the games I play and I have the ambition to make something I see as a GOOD GAME and help make it a GREAT GAME!

Remember the old unreal tournament 3 graphics demonstrations? how they were all types of "off the wall" and "over the top"?
    What if we continued that trend through multiplayer and offline?
    I've dreamed of being a cinematographer and animator my whole life, but never really felt a connection with anyone in the same interest. U guys are close to it and I would reeally like to help with the production process of your game, just to make things better for a game I was pleased to see and pleased to have seen the need for help for.

If I could use your engine and all your people as a TEAM and help to carve a better looking game, and a better feeeeling game...I'd be more than happy to oblige your calling.

Like I said, I have nothing but free time and can work Diligently to help make this a HIT! on all applications!
  • Ludicrous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Gary, I sent you an e-mail to your yahoo account. Did you get it?
  • NeoGzus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got it, registered on your forums. Can't wait to start workin :D
  • vSan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ludicrous wrote: »
    First, I wish everyone a happy new year and good luck for you and your families in 2010.

We're still searching for talented artists. We had some applications, but most of them, except one person, just stopped responding to E-Mail and never came back to the forum without saying a word (is this a common practice for 3d modelers? I don't hope so). So, we're at the start again.

Anyway, if you read this, and you ask yourself, what you have to model, take a look at the art from Kean Kennedy, our concept artists. So, we need someone, who's talented enough, to rebuild the concept art.

If you want to know, what you have to create:
    - low-poly models
    - normal maps
    - specular maps

We're still a small and nice team :) So, if you want to help us out and want to be part of the team, feel free to contact me.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Hi Ludicrous!

I'm pretty much interested, I'm environment artist and I have a lot of spare time to help you guys, really like that concepts, I have 3 years of experience in next gen and PC, Unreal engine,...

This is my CGtalk portfolio:

http://victorsantos.cgsociety.org

If you want more examples I will be glad to send them to you via email.

cheers!
  • UrAllOutofBrillo
    Very inspirational. I cannot wait to get my project off the ground.