Home Technical Talk

3DS morpher Issue

hi again!

I've run into a bit of an issue with a morpher issue; I've imported the morph object from Zbrush and when the object morphs, it changes its orientation- snapping upwards.

I've tried re-importing it, realigning the objects pivot point (both working and affect), I've tried messing around with a helper dummy for it and nothing seems to work. I'm in a bit of a bind here, the project is due in a day!

Replies

• FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    If you are using Max try downloading the Morphix 2.0 plugin from somewhere like ScriptSpot.

If the two objects have the same number of polygons, but different vertex orders etc and therefore don't morph smoothly between each other, Morphix creates a version of the "broken" model with the correct verex order so that you can morph freely between the original and new object.

This has saved my life on a couple of occasions where I was doing morph targets and needed to delete half the object and use symmetry on it, which would have caused the vertex order to change and thus not morph properly.

I'm not sure if it will fix your specific problem but it is worth taking a look at :)