Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Calabi

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Calabi polycounter lvl 12
I've decided to do me own sketchbook, after realising I'm getting a bit better at modelling, so this is to catalogue my progress(a sort of progress quest) and hopefully motivate myself to continue with it.

I'm gonna update whenever I can.

I'm not gonna be attempting to learn anatomy(although will probably model it alot as its the most available reference) just to observe things and then model something reasonably similar.

Any critics or comments welcome.

Now a large amount of spam, almost in order.

One of my first skulls, looks rubbish I used direct references.

skull2.jpg

One of me first heads, a dogs been nibbling his ear. And the references were female.

head1r.jpg

Another head. Trying to get the eyes.

head3t.jpg

Manged to get something looking vaguely female.

head2v.jpg

A skull I did, the teeth are wrong, in part because the curvature of where they attach is wrong.

zbrushskull2.jpg

This was gleaned from a tutorial.

zbrushhead2.jpg

The above but slightly improved I did struggle with the eyes, trying to get them the right size, in all the refs I found the coloured part was half the width which meant the eyelids curved around too far.

zbrushhead1.jpg

A self portrait.

stupidhead.jpg

Skull I did a bit improved I think, I added the teeth later, experimenting to see if I can get the detail.

skullside1.th.jpg skullfront1.th.jpg

A skull I was going to use for an ecorche.

skull3s.jpg

The latest head. I did use female refs, but I wasnt following them strictly just trying to get the rough forms and then rough details.

head4.jpg

Replies

• Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few hands. Any resemble to anything real, is purely coincidental.

mehand2.jpg

A hand made using a tut and direct refs so cheated a bit.

notmehand.jpg

Latest hand, work in progress. I think its reasonably (formwise) (in)accurate need to get the thumb looking right, add a few small details like the knuckles, tendons, shapes of fingers.

mehand1.jpg
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    fingers are much shorter than the palm of the hand and alot of your sculpts look quite lumpy, use the smooth tool(hold shift) often to get rid of unnecessary lumps.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I knew something was wrong, I though it was more the length of the palm, I can see the finger length is wrong from the sideview now.

I blame 3dCoat for the lumpyness, smoothing is more difficult, it always smooths downwards.

Thanks for the help.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished that hand. Lengthened the fingers, refined the shape a bit more added rubbishy details. Lots of flaws though, thumb is wrong angle, fingers are too thin, etc. But it looks like a hand, and will keep in mind for the next try.

megirlyhand3.jpg

Another head. Not sure why it looks so male, think its something to do with the jaw.

head5.jpg
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Changed the previous head, lowered the eyes. Increased the upper head size. Messed with the jaw cheek and nose, and lastly gave her an ear.

Problems, Lips arent right, whole shape still isnt quite there, eyes.

head6.jpg
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did this fella for something different. Danger is his first name.

dangermouse.jpg
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another head I'm going to try and give her hair.

renhead.jpg
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A male Generic O head I'm working on. I'm gonna go through the whole process of retopo uv, and paint.

malegenericohead.jpg

And dont tell me there's anything wrong with him because you lie.:poly118: