Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Fiveways

Hey, been lurking around here for quite a bit. Graduated back in May with a BFA and its kinda hard to stay motivated without having class everyday and getting feedback from friends. Hoping that by showing everyone what I'm working on in this thread it'll help me stay on track.

Here's something to start things off:

urien.jpg

Sculpt I did for the GameArtisans challenge a while back. Probably the first bust I've actually "completed" even though I wasn't quite done with the hair.

More stuff coming soon, just backed up everything before installing Win7 again, gotta dig through folders. Feedback welcome/appreciated.

Replies

• vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    His breast muscle looks wierd.
  • DeusExMatteo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeusExMatteo polycounter lvl 10
    they look even weirder on the concept though :P
    Awesome sculpt!
  • Cacophony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sweet sculpt!

ya the pecs are pretty odd in the concept ha, still cool tho.

My suggestion - thicken the neck from the back, (if you do go back and finish the hair). And perhaps take a closer look at the proportion of the nose and ears.

hope that helps some!
  • fiveways
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments/suggestions. My biggest problem doing that Urien sculpt (besides trying to learn ZBrush @ the same time) was going from references from so many different artists. I may revisit it in the future because I'm a big fan of the character and I want to do it justice but it felt good to at least have something semi-done to submit for the deadline.

Here's some stuff I'm working on now. First is a rough layout of a scene im working on, just trying to figure out scale/grid stuff @ the moment, hopefully rebuilding in unreal when I'm done:

laundromat_001.jpg

It's [going to be] a laundromat, and after I reinstall Photoshop I'm going to do a quick paintover to figure out what extra props I'm going to need to model as well as label everything.

Oh, and some more zbrush stuff:

zspheres.jpg

001.png002.png
    003.png
    004.png
    005.png

I wanna work on a character again soon so I made a base and started sculpting on it. Theres still a lot of things to fix/things that I havent touched yet. I think I'm gonna use what I have so far to draw out some concepts before I go any further probably.