Home General Discussion

things like this

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
http://kotaku.com/5165346/square-enix-execs-take-self+imposed-pay-cut

make me wonder why EA aren't doing the same thing.

now, according to: http://people.forbes.com/profile/john-s-riccitiello/28819
the EA CEO took home $6,365,823.00 last year.

15% of that number is $954873.

if the average employee took home 20k per year, you could afford to keep 50 people on, right?

what if 3 executives took the same cut? some where in the region of 15 people kept on... you see where i'm going with this?

now to the brass tacks. people love money, they love power. but let's face it, after you've taken home 6 mil in ONE year, can you honestly say you'll ever want, or need for anything ever again? hell, Arnie (governor) gives his salery away to charity, saying he just doesn't need or want it. more people high up should really take a leaf out of the charitable books for a while. reinvest some of their money into their own company, and, the people who helped make them as rich as they are.

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    even tho it seems "wrong" they have as much right to their money as people , and cutting their money just because they make an unfair shitload of them isnt "right". And these people only care about money :)
  • Wahlgren
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    It's still a very nice gesture for the grunts though. This act probably raised morale quite a bit.
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Im an idealist as well. But the people who go for those positions aren't the type to understand such. Here is a good correlation a psychologist gave me (in their opinion). Under different childhood circumstances, they could be sociopaths and criminals.

Description of a sociopath.

This by no means are all such. But it does take a certain cut throat attitude and history to get that far up the corporate executive ladder. Where the bottom line takes precedence over the foundation ideas of the company.

To them: Money is power. The more money, the more power. You are asking them to give up power. They cannot see any other way that all people want power, and when you say they should be paid less, that in fact, your after the power they have. You are jealous to them.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah i understand that mentality. and i also understand that they've "earned" their positions.

it just seems so strange to me, i'm forever spending my money on other people =/
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    It also has something to do with cultural background as well. Japan has a more centric group culture/lifestyle mentality of the company. While we here in the west tend to see it as just means to an end to make income.