Home Contests & Challenges Archives Game Art Workshops

Workshop #3 - Nemecys

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Nemecys polycounter lvl 9
In my vast efforts to improve my 3D skills i decided to start up on a Workshop, and i thought that i had best start off simple and back to basics so i kept it simple with an Axe

axe-art-summer-2009.jpg
Heres the progress so far i suppose the only real comments can be on the topology

Heres two shots of it so far if im going wrong somewhere please say
Handle.jpg?t=1257706477
Handle2.jpg?t=1257706501

any reccomendations whether the head should be seperate or should they be all the same piece?

Replies

• Nemecys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick Update :

Axe2.jpg?t=1257711051
    Axe.jpg?t=1257711067

showing the Finished head piece of the Base Mesh nicely quaded to take into z Brush for details
  • Nemecys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AxeHighPoly.jpg?t=1257719353
    High Poly Model done, im not entirely happy with it the wood cuts look deeper than they are,

This project is flying by but im learning alot about how to keep tight edges and everything else, im now working on the low poly and im MILES below the tri count
    as you can see
    AxeLowPoly.jpg?t=1257719620#

im now just adding more loops in places to just improve the silohuette and form of the axe in general, Is there something ive missed out or something cause this is going by far to fast... =/

please C&C
  • jtravers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The axe looks pretty good. I think where the wood handle enters the metal axe head, it might go all the way through and show slightly at the other side. The quality of the axes seem to indicate that it would probably be flush with the metal.