Home Technical Talk

Help with radial symmetry in Zbrush.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
Hello all, this is my first post here and I'm also working on my first model in Zbrush, so I guess you could call me a bit of a noob. I promise that this isn't a pop in and out just whenever I need help kind of thing. I've tried to get involved in cgtalk, but no one is really helpful there. This community seems to be a lot friendlier.

Anyway, I'm modeling a laser rifle contraption thingy, and I'm trying to use radial symmetry to create a rim on the scope. Apparently, I can't post an attachment yet, probably gonna have to get my first post approved first. So, I'll post some pics when that happens......

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    You can't post attachments here, you'll have to upload your images to FTP if you have any hosting, or otherwise use a free place like Photobucket, Dropbox or Imageshack.

Radial symmetry in zbrush works based off your model's pivot so if it's not centred around the bit you're trying to sculpt radially then it probably won't work too well.
    I think there's a "set pivot" function but I can't remember where, or how to use it right now, maybe someone else more experienced with ZBrush knows!
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    If I remember correctly, set pivot is CTRL + P. You can use it by isolating the area you want, pressing the shortcut, and basically that's now your model's pivot point until you press clear Pivots (Shift + P ) So, you can isolate your scope or whatever, up the radial count to whatever number you want, make the strokes, unhide all of your model and clear the pivots :)
  • 3DRyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    Sweet! I might not have to post any pics anyway. I'll try this and let you guys know how it works. Thanks everyone.:)
  • 3DRyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    Yep, it works great. Thanks again!