Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

C.A.P WIP

Cognitive Artificial Personality or C.A.P. This is a character of mine from back in my earlier days of modeling. Guess how many polies the first one had.............one million three hundred some odd thousand polies. Yeah I had no clue what I was doing. This is CAP 2.0 and hes 17,864 polies with the tire, without the tire hes like 13,000.
I havent mapped him, not that I dont want to. I have a billion ideas Im just no good at unwrapping. He looks good in ink and paint as well. Some of the shots are kind of dark. Yes I will render on black every time if I dont have an environment. I just prefer the contrast on a black background. Any Ideas, questions, comments, Job offers, just hit me up.
Capscreen2.jpg
CapMidsection.jpg
Capwheel.jpg
Capbackpack.jpg
CApWave.jpg
capstep1.jpgCapstep2.jpg
Capstep3.jpgCapstep4.jpg
CAPstep5.jpg
CAPstep6.jpg
Capstep7.jpg

Replies

• Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you have to document the proccess? One thing - Loose the black background :) And the weird spotlights..very 90's cg. Modeling is good.
  • Canden Picard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the Step Br Step was required. Its actually a contest entry for pxleyes.com. Yeah man, the black background is kind of obtrusive to the overall composition. I was cutting the deadline close or else I would have made a robot labrotory type setting. I render on black because I always want to use a floor to drop shadows and a black background cuts out seeing those uneasy edges. Thanks for the tips though man! What it all really comes down to is the artists preferences, different polycounters tell me, render on something other than black, so I do that and then they want black again. Then I start using omni lighting and they arent happy with the omni lighting, so I switch to spotlights (granted I know there are probobly other option that I dont know how to use) But still, It all boils down to how it tastses to me.
  • Canden Picard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, It turns out the removed it (after letting it soak up all the votes for a day and a half) because it was turned in past deadline, I did however marathon model this in one sitting of ten hours straight and at the rate It was going I would have won the contest I was like a hundred positive on the "View/vote" ratio. That really grinds my gears.