Its regroups animations for game , short movies , school project

thanks
user_online.gifreputation.gif

Replies

• Neon67
  • Dippndots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks really good, the 2nd animation (dude in the hallway) looked a little wierd, the way he bobbed when he walked seemed a little unnatural, and the way he double takes at the window seemed too fast and jolty.

the quadrupedal robot attacking the plug was awesome, strong work man
  • Neon67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks
    yeah the guy in the hallway was my first human character i animated for a short movy , but i wanted to keep it to show that i can animate in a realistic way , appproximatly
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    Neon67 wrote: »
    thanks
    yeah the guy in the hallway was my first human character i animated for a short movy , but i wanted to keep it to show that i can animate in a realistic way , appproximatly

I agree that is the weakest part as far as animation goes. I think if you went back and tweaked it it's going to be even stronger than it already is.
  • Neon67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys here is the new updated version with correction on several anims

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PT6NlC-ty4[/ame]

Let me know what do you think of it please
  • Titus S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's too broken up... Put all of your same projects together and in order instead of hashing it all up like a salad. Then, determine what is your best work and put that at the end. Take out the guy that is crossing his legs and the guy pushing the box it's too short and seem to be fillers.

Those are my 2 cents :P

Take care
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great walk cycles, still dont like the guy in the hallway, i think just remove him and its good
  • Neon67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you please tell me what is the problem with the dude in the hallway ? i reworked it , the only problem i see might be the facial animation , but otherwise it match the video :

http://vimeo.com/1503852
  • doeseph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doeseph polycounter lvl 7
    I'd agree that the guy in the hallway is the most awkward animation in your reel. I can't put my finger on it, but he moves robotic and puppeteer...ish. It's certainly subtle, that's for sure.

Other than that it looks pretty solid.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I would also remove the guy in the hallway, it hurts your reel. Towards the end he clicks, and moves weird and I have no idea why he is doing that...I know it can be hard to cut stuff you worked hard on, but considering it is old, I reckon its time to get rid of it ;) Also why on earth would you break up the sitting down/pulling his chair in animation? I also think you need to soften the down movement on the velociraptor, its a bit snappy. But it looks real nice from the front. Nice work otherwise.
  • Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm gonna be brutally honest here and I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out already.

All of the clips in the reel have a very 'flowy' look to them. I'm sure there's a name for this but since I'm not an animator, that's the best word I can use to describe it.

It's almost like all the curves have smooth tangents, there doesn't seem to be enough ease-in / ease-out, follow through, jerkiness etc, the characters have a very unnatural 'slowmo smoothness' kind of movement.

To be honest, you could fix a lot of it just by tweaking curves, but adding some follow through for the rest of the body on each movement and studying how the entire body moves in things like walk cycles will help even more.

Overall, it's a good start, but with some tweaking here and there you've got the grounding for a great reel.

Hope that helps.
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    Assuming its not vimeo, something I've heard alot from my portfolio teacher is to not fade to black at the end. The reason being if your work is shown on a projector, and is being viewed by a group, its very easy for them to get at your information.
    Its a small thing, but the fewer tiny annoyances the better.