Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A sculpt for my wife/World of warcraft bust

I try to make something for my wife every year and since our anniversary is coming up I decided to sculpt her wow character (whom she loves).

RaithaWIP-1.jpg

Zbrush sculpt only started from zspheres. Only thing I did outside of zbrush is the stand. Going to look into getting it printed later for her so she could have it on her desk.

Crits always welcome.

Replies

• ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek polycounter lvl 10
    cool, mind posting her character/your reference? guessing blood elf rogue?
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    i'dda guessed night elf :P

and it does look cool, only thing buggin me is the face. think it's a little long (could try moving the eyes and brow down ever so slightly and see how it goes, maybe the bottom of the nose too).

cool idea for a gift, i'd heard 3d printing was horribly expensive tho :S
    make sure you show the printed version too when you get it done :)
  • Dippndots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks sweet, anatomy is looking pretty spot on. Where are the signature WoW shoulders though?
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek: She be a night elf! But truthfully they are hard to tell apart! I'll look for any reference I have of her toon!

Nizza_Waaarg: Ah thank you for for catching the face! I have not quite finished it and there needs to be some adjustments to it and finishing touches! And if I do find a printing service that is not so expensive I'll most surely post pics of it!

Dippndots: Heh the funny thing about that is my wife hates the shoulders in wow and always runs about with them off. But yes it does look a lot less wow-ish without the huge signature shoulders!
  • Dippndots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i thought everyone liked the shoulders lol, if you want to make it look more like a night elf and less blood elf-ish i would add the face paint some how and make the ears narrower at the tips. Without color its pretty hard to discern between the two races anyway so its not really a bad thing.
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Am i the only one to see something different in the swords shape? :D
    Nice sculpt looks like it needs more ass tho.
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    you REALLY need to raise the right clavicle.....really bugging me right now. there's no way you can raise your arm above your head without the clavicle raising too. It looks ok in the 1st 3rd and 4th angles but that 2nd angle it's REALLY noticable.
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule- Thanks I can't believe I did not catch that!

Working on all the areas that are of concern... and will post screen grabs as soon as it has noticeable progress.

PS. I put more junk in her trunk. Will post screens soon.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    You may need to work on filling out the right arm at the bend of the elbow too. It's pretty skimpy and she kind of has Pop-eye forearms. It's most noticeable in the 3rd pose. Looks cool besides that :)
  • Angharlech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aww that's so sweet!
    I always did think that making something > buying something :)
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haiasi- Thanks I must have over looked that some how ={ *adds that to the list of fixes and changes*

Angharlech- Yep my wife does like diamonds and stuff too but this is special!

And thanks everyone for the crits and feed back!
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Can't get the full figure? It looks kinda strange cut off at the legs like that. And I definitely would adjust that right shoulder like others have pointed out, that was the first thing I saw.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah i was just about to say,

there is a bit of rule to make stuff look good, dont cut it off too close to joints, be somewhere in the middle.

right now her pelvis looks really weirdly twisted, and because you cut it off right away, it looks even stranger \o/

best advice i can give you is, try and mimic the pose yourself, does it feel natural or ?
    wich foot will be upfront and how will the pelvicz react to that!?

some other things that come to mind,
    her boobs are not soft and round, got some flat surfaces here and there (also they need to be that big!? it doesnt compliment the pose well and naturel ftw)
    the muscles in the neck are rotated, redraw them a bit so they are flowing straight again
    how does her spine + ribcage flow!? maybe a bit more lowerback inwards and lower part of the ribcage forward?
    yeah and recheck the crotchx and hip again

besides the crit, building stuff for people is worth awesomeness :)
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome thank you so much for the crits! I'll make adjustments asap! I'll try to find time to post screens of the changes I do today... but no promises... =D
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All right a WIP with some changes. Still have lots to do but just showing that Im working on it.

Once again thanks everyone for the crits.

wip-1.jpg