Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio

I hoping to one day to be a character modeler for a gaming company. I am working on more character concepts and models at the moment. I am thinking of creating a Team Fortress 2 character,"Lazer gun guy". Here is reel of some models I have created. At moment I am doing motion graphics for a website, RVAmag.com"
PS: Anyone could tell me the best settings to render models with mental ray? I use Maya 2010. That would be awesome.

Click the link
http://themumblemagnificent.com/3d_design01.html

Replies

• Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, thats not very nice to say Ott..

Pencewd, try to work some on that specular map on the first cahracter.. looks like he is wrapped in plastic film... a bit messy page otherwise, bit hard for my eyes..
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Better work more on the design art stuff its a lot better.
    Or work a looot more on your 3d kung foo right now its starting stuff
    definatly not worth the time to turn it into a reel.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Some artists come from a traditional background and move into more experimental styles for notoriety. Others specialize into a specific medium so well that there's few better in their field. While some have an artistic knack in the experimental grounds, but require a long study into the traditional to make their mark. You fall into the latter category. A portfolio is putting the cart before the horse at this point. Consider posting images an individual character for feedback. Keep an open mind, and keep moving towards your goal. It is possible, but what you've presented today are the baby steps into such an accomplishment.
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    Your Paintings are really ace. Maybe you could consider going into the concept art field.

If you want to do characters pick up an anatomy book and go at it on anatomy studies. Maybe spend A week on the Legs another on the arms etc etc. Then work your way up to doing a body a day. Nothing perfect but a days worth of sketching anatomy in Maya. I think once you get that down the texturing will be easy as pie, considering you already work really well with traditional painting.