Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Fredrik Stertman - New Design

hey there.. Have redesigned my portfolio from scratch and would like to hear some input and ahve some "testing":) Some new stuff in there to, but im working on all the renders at the moment.. planning to grabbing some new shots of every character.. most of them grabbed from marmoset toolset

www.FredrikStertman.com

cheers

Replies

• c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    The portfolio looks good dude, Its easy to navigate and the thumbnails are big. THe LinkedIn button at the top is pretty smart too. But I do agree with you that some of the characters need new renders.

Like the blond russian babe, the simple white backround is pretty dull to look at, and since the rest of the portfolio is in white that kinda hurts ur eyes in the morning( or maybe its just me...hehe). My favorite peice there must be the soldier, I think its the best polished, then comes the babe and then the creature with the pet. I also think that throwing a simple ground in marmorset so the soldier doest not look like he is floating in the sky would help a bit for the presentation department.

But its all actually nitpicking, I do think you have a solid portfolio and wish you good luck with your internship!
    PS: Tarsier studios are hiring so maybe you should check the site.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Site looks good, looking forward to the new renders.
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    Wires and texture maps.
    Otherwise great job.
    you put the time into modeling and texturing show Everything off!
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanks guys, yeah, will put some ground under the characters, have a ww2 scenery on the way for the soldier. need to make a better rig though, so i can pose him properly.

dudealan, yeah, will put that stuff up also.. just havnt had the time=P

thanks again..
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    don't put your resume in a pdf, that's really annoying for people who want to just have a quick look at it. keep it is a nice html page and maybe add the pdf for download. Nice portfolio otherwise =)
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ persis

alright, thought a PDF was the best way to put it.. Maybe you have a good point.. will figure something out^^