Home Technical Talk

ZB activation

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Lamont polycounter lvl 15
This is pissing me off. I can't plug in my damn iPod/headphones without ZB freaking out and asking me for a damn activation. This time it was a USB bluetooth adapter.

I'll GLADLY pay more for a damn USB dongle.

Replies

• Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    **Poof!!** And here we go again... gotta activate.
  • peppi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi polycounter lvl 18
    I've been having similar issues with Mudbox, every time I switch the type of internet connection (from LAN cable to USB wifi stick for example, when working from the parents' house during summer) it counts as a new machine, and you're only granted 3 activations. Support can reset the installs count but this crap usually happens on weekends or right before a deadline, and is very annoying indeed.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi wrote: »
    but this crap usually happens on weekends or right before a deadline, and is very annoying indeed.
    Yeah, it's a deadline weekend, and it breaks down. But I had the activations reset a month ago, so I am good to go. Just annoying as hell.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't you love it when you pay for software, only to have more hassle than those who pirate said software?
    This isn't me rubbing it in, mind you, I just want to express my love for developers that follow the principle of rewarding a purchase, rather than punishing. I fully understand wanting to protect your software, but I am very doubtful that anything beyond a product-key does more to combat piracy than to annoy legitimate customers.
    edit: on that topic, I would really like to see numbers on how many studios use cracks/dodgy tactics for legitimate software, just because it's less of a hassle!
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah seriously! Zbrush was all over the net and people were still waiting for download links. Pretty rediculous.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Something I've been wondering, with R2 I used to deactivate / reactivate my license between my personal laptop and my desktop at work. With R3, once I try to reactivate it on either machine, it will tell me that its already been deactivated and will ask if I pretty much wish to re-reactivate it. Did they change something with the licensing with R3? (I'm beginning to wonder if I am supposed to just leave it activated on both instead of doing it the old way, or if it would end up telling me it is already activated on another machine :S)