Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Beast thing in armor

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
rexus polycounter lvl 16
Hello every one i have been a avid follower of the forum for a very long time this is my first post C&C is very welcome
I am trying to get better please be harsh i would love to take my art to the next level and beyond

3g_head.jpg

Beast_Armor1.jpg

Beast_Armor2.jpg

no armor

Beast_NoArmor_Back.jpg

Beast_NoArmor_Front.jpg

Replies

• Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    freaky arms u got there, works for me :)
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I love the proportions...arms are awesome.... I would push the anatomy as far as you did with the midsection...Lower legs shoulders look mushy...overall go over the mushy spots all over the model and bring them to the same level....I'm assuming its wip..so you probably know all this...great work so far man
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    hi rexus! Anatomy looks pretty good (not that I'm a character modeller) anyway the calfs look really spot on however the thighs look out of proportion in comparison. They should have more of a sweep on them, more volume from the waist tapered downwards. Just look and see if the body would support the weight, atm it doesn't look that way.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    Awww he's soo cute!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Awww he's soo cute!
    And horny too!
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Yuuuhh, thats hawt!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    The overall look of the beast is AWESOME, however, the face is currently a bit lame. Keep polishing!
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zxcman polycounter lvl 10
    love proportions!
  • rexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    wow thanks every one for all the critiques i will have to address every thing this weekend unfortunatly

alot of the anatomy issuses are because i thought i would cover it all with armor

aseir: i feel you on the face i have been debating on whether i should completly redo it i kind of like it because i really love the personality you initially see any time you look at a cartoony character i love when one looks like it could start talking at any moment i see that in my head
    but i would like to make it more aggressive
  • Sauron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sauron polycounter lvl 10
    Wow! like it a lot, saved for inspiration ^___^
    Are you going to make a game model or/and texture it?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    I really like it. Except the bulgy lowerarm. Maybe beef the thighs up a bit aswell. I did a paintover. If i knew how to make a fancy before and after gif i would but eh! Don't listen to me seriously though. I'm no char-artist. I just wanted to show you what I meant.

Will follow this thread. Good lucK! :)

molething.jpg
    rexus wrote: »

Beast_NoArmor_Front.jpg
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey man cool character, i think at the moment the main area i think you could improve is in the structure of its body. the elbows could use more definition, and the thumbs dont come out of the and very naturally. also there is no wrist structure to speak of, should probably address that in order to make things deform more naturally if you rig it for poses. the back and torso have great form tho, so just take a second look at those areas, really like it so far!

-Woog
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    wow thanks every one for all the critiques i will have to address every thing this weekend unfortunatly

alot of the anatomy issuses are because i thought i would cover it all with armor

aseir: i feel you on the face i have been debating on whether i should completly redo it i kind of like it because i really love the personality you initially see any time you look at a cartoony character i love when one looks like it could start talking at any moment i see that in my head

I like the face too, just needs more details, his mouth kinda reminds me of these guys.

bearded-dragon.jpg
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    i agree about the legs and the wrists... especially the legs... i would really pay close attention to that area and also make special note of what shows and what doesn't after you add the buildup of fat and skin....

the back side of the foot looks really weird, like the toe separation shouldn't be happening that high up because you already have the anterior side of the toes flat on the ground... you should see the ball of his feet resting follow up the arch and the heel... since this area is going to be pretty exposed i would really dial it in... and i know it's wip, but i only mention it because you have the rest of the foot pretty well established already....
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18

I wasn't specific last time with why the face wasn't working for me. Basically, I like the basic idea you have for it, but the underlying forms of it's imaginary skull and face muscles doesn't work for me at all. I think if you grounded the facial forms a bit more in reality with some similar animal, then it would look a lot better. It just seems messy at the moment.
  • rexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    Hey first off thanks for the support i get tunnel vision sometimes i know something is wrong but cant point it out these are some week end up dates critiques welcome please

i am trying to adreess the current ones with the limited time so bare with me
    i am movine the toes so pay no attention to them and the foot

the hand wrist thing was a failed attempt to kind of resemble how a turtle fingers kind of jut straight of the arm

Armor_3qts_B.jpg

Armor_3qts_R.jpg

Armor_Front.jpg

Armor_3qts_L.jpg

Armor_Side.jpg

anatomy

Beast_Ana_Side.jpg

Beast_Ana_3qrts_r.jpg

Beast_Ana_Back.jpg
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    man, old face was much better.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    yup I agree, new face looks boring and generic.
    Old face has lots of character :p
  • dv8ix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    his hands seem, incredibly larger than from the proportions of his feet.. i dont know. they seem tad bit big?
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    needs more penis...

And I agree, old face for the win please and thanks!
  • rexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    long time no post broke a wacom no internet servise then started a new job not in cg :(
    C&C welcome

frontana.jpg

beast1.jpg

beast2.jpg
  • rexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
  • tda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Looks like a turtle on ROIDS, without a shell. I love it.

It looks like you've stepped back the nose on this dude, but i reckon the original horn was a lot better. You could try making it kinda rhino in proportion as well, sticking up all badass like. my 2c
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    I like it but imo the fingers are too thick
  • Brewer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like it looks great!