Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio]-Jaxon Keller | 3D Environment and Prop Art

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
jaxeller polycounter lvl 10
http://jaxonkeller.com

I would like to get some critiques on my portfolio as a whole and on individual props so I can make this stuff better. It's for my senior college portfolio and any feedback is much appreciated.

Replies

• toren3d
    Offline / Send Message
    toren3d polycounter lvl 7
    Thumbnails are way too small, and the enlarged images could be even bigger. Showing wires and texture flats in separate/larger images would also be vital.

Dividing the page into three vertical slices really bugs me, especially with the first one saying "coming soon". Just get rid of that whole section until your done and ready to post the reel.

The resume section feels very tacky (the white background on the .doc and .pdf icon aren't helping solve that, hehe)
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The website looks like its from the 90's, but the props aren't bad.

Only put finished stuff on there, your portfolio is only as good as your worst piece.
    Try to keep 1 font, 2 or 3 different sizes. your contact info is scattered randomly.

Don't use image buttons like that. I hate the pop up image things, I don't know how everyone else feels about them.
  • DnS
    Why is there a counter? Is it 1997 and no one told me?

To give some feedback on the art pieces. Your renders aren't showing off your textures well. The geometry shows potential, but the textures are noisy, blurry and flat.
  • mLink
    Offline / Send Message
    mLink polycounter lvl 10
    Not trying to sound like a jerk, but didn't you already post your portfolio?
    It doesn't look like any of the suggestions have been taken into account yet.