Home General Discussion

why people continue render lopoly in vRay?

Replies

• Sean VanGorder
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    DUde, you seem quite insistant. As far as my experience goes it's the same like many others have stated:

An art diector or lead artist which have the slightest clue about what they are doing will definitely be aware if they have a real-time or Vray rendering. Or at least they will definitely know which of the effects in the render are only based on photon simulation and what not.

So basicly: If art kicks ass it doesn't need any Vray. If you have flaws in your model than most likely they will be noticed anyway. Well and in the End: If your art lead choses weaker art pieces based on a shiny vray-rendering without being able to see the essence of an piece, then its not the best place to work anyway.

Also:
    It's nothing wrong with giving your work the best presentation you can achieve, but be honest about how you have achieved your results. Because they just might ask you in an interview how you did all those great effects you claim to be realtime.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Honestly now, I wouldn't call it cheating, but I think it can backfire. I've seen people show their models on such ugly offline renders that I couldn't believe. The models were nice though, and they could greatly benefit from being presented in realtime. On the other hand I'd say there's a certain limit on how much you can pimp your render before it starts to look like your trying to compensate for a sloppy model.
  • whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    Your web site is broken.

Can VRay fix it?