Home Technical Talk

Rendering Question

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
Hey all long time no post.

Well what I need is a batch render script or anything similar to this so that I can render items while I sleep because they do take some time.

My previous boss had something similar but I can't request such information from him so I am wondering if anyone else might have such a script or app that can do this over night perferably because like I said this does take some time.

What I need is 2400x1800 300DPI renders as I understand it tiff files can retain such quality so those are my settings and my folders are all located with in one folder.

Thanks PC,
D.

Replies

• malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    What 3d app? This is a standard feature of all rendering software but it sounds like you're asking for something else.
  • frubes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you should be able to use backburner if you are using max. Just setup the manager, start your server and send the jobs to the manager from within max. Queue them all up and leave it over night and bish bash bosh it should all work.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I should have been more explanatory but frubes got it, thanks bud yea I am using max.
    cool beans!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep go Start > Programs > Autodesk > BackBurner and launch:
    - Manger: This handles sending jobs to the servers
    - Server: This renders jobs, if you have more machines you can install max (doesn't need to be reg'ed) and launch server it will connect to manager and receive jobs.
    - Monitor: This is the GUI que manager.

When you send jobs click network render in the rendering options dialog or in the batch render.

The default settings should get you up and running.

One of the awesome advantages of rendering this way is that it renders in the background in a separate instance of Max. Once all the jobs are sent to the manager it will return you to max and you can keep on working.