Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Strider (image heavy + nudity)

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    whats_true wrote: »
    Your letting your occlusion do ALL of your texture work.
    I 'know' that's true
    whats_true wrote: »
    You need to give it more love. Define the materials you are given, add some wear and tear, desaturations and color variations within the same color sphere. Occlusion gives it the depth, now give it the feel.
    That about nails it I feel.

Thankyou very much for the advice, back to painting.
    Cheers
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Jon Rush wrote: »

Do you have a larger image of the beauty shot?
    Ok Jon, they are at full size now :)

Cheers
  • Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    i agree with what whats_true said, and would like to add that the materials/shaders and lighting really don't sell the model at all, the flat grey shaded model is looking so much better without the colours and lighting, it really destroys alot
    Maybe try bringing it into marmoset, normally the shading in the toolkit pushes the optics alot, besides that use coloured lights, with coloured shadows, having it fade to black with white highlights makes it look like 90ies raytrace stuff, really grey and dead.
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    or even better, get yourself a copy of UDK and drop it in there :)
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Neox. Thanks,... got it in marmoset now and the spec is dead, like in the renders :) am working on it. Thanks again for the advice and direction.

JohnnyRaptor, Thanks, dont know what it is,.... google time:)

Edit: Just downloaded it (UDK) looks incredible :)

Cheers.
  • Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    well if you just want to present it, take marmoset, udk is great but it will take you a hell lot of time to get a shader thats as advanced and nice working like the marmoset premade shaders, dunno how fit you are in creating shaders with the unreal engine (UDK = unreal development kit, so UE3 is standalone and free now, no need for ut3 or gears to mod it), but if you have the time to get into it, of course you can get great results with it, marmoset would be the easier and faster way :)
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Cant wait to see what you cooking in marmoset :) You are pushing this all the way to the end .
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Neox wrote: »
    well if you just want to present it, take marmoset, udk is great but it will take you a hell lot of time to get a shader thats as advanced and nice working like the marmoset premade shaders, dunno how fit you are in creating shaders with the unreal engine (UDK = unreal development kit, so UE3 is standalone and free now, no need for ut3 or gears to mod it), but if you have the time to get into it, of course you can get great results with it, marmoset would be the easier and faster way :)
    Thanks Neox.
    Yes I downloaded the kit but I know this stuff takes quite a bit to get familiar with. Speed is very important atm like you say.
    I am putting the kit in my pocket for later,... really looks incredible though :) I remember QUARK.

Cheers
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Ok the pics are back up, thank you, you know who you are :)

I got marmoset toolbag working and am still wrestling with the textures,.... that is for sure!

Cheers