Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jaxon Keller's Portfolio

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
jaxeller polycounter lvl 10
http://jaxonkeller.com/

Here is my portfolio website. My demo reel isn't up yet and I have a sci-fi environment that I will be uploading in a few weeks. In the mean time I would really like to get some critiques on the stuff that I already have up.

Thanks

Replies

• Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Please follow the RULES or you will be systematically banned and raped. (none of that is actually true, I'm only guessing. I'm not a real Moderator.) Why things are this way? I don't really know. I think it's kinda stupid actually. Nice work though. I love you.

This is why there are rules, one person does it wrong and then others start lol.

More on topic though.

Some nice work on there but the layout does't encourage me to click around and explore. I hate tiny little thumbnails.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Work looks pretty good. Lots of tiny, not-so-well-lite images though. Difficult to judge use of 2048 materials in 100 pixel tall presentations. Normally, we leave those images to be the thumbnails. Also, color is available in specular now.

The background texture is very noisy. It detracts from your thumbnails by generating more eye interest.

Remove the hits counter. This isn't a Geocities web site from 1997.

Your duties as jizz mopper at the local theater aren't relevant to anyone's interest in this industry. Putting kid work in resumes is like listing your dad as a reference. The quality of your work clearly outweighs silliness such as this.

Looks good overall. Again some presentation work would represent you in a much better light.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    the tiny thumbnails tell me nothing about the quality of your work and basically dont make me want to click on them because Im not interested in any one particular piece. On the other hand when I did click on them I found your work to be quite nice solid stuff. So yeah just work on that presentation.
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is that a visitor count in red? In all honesty, thats just stupid :)
    Of course you want people to see your portfolio but make it not a mission or goal to have as many viewers.

My bad if it isn't a visitor counter.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    i agree with cholden on your resum