Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mr Tancredo the Executioner

.. o Don Tancredo el verdugo, in spanish.:poly124:
Inspired a by a character from an old argentinean comic magazine.
It was about Week of work... just for fun.
Soft: 3dsmax+Zbrush+PS+Artrage+Meshlab

Crits always welcome:thumbup:
dontancredo.jpg

Replies

• mast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love stuff like this, he would be perfect for a video game. But why did you use so few triangles on the hat? The rest of the character is so smooth compared to it.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    love the character...the textures are reading like plastic in some places..a nice spec pass...even on the simple textures you have..could make him look really cool...good stuff in anycase
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    My question is why does he have a shield? Those that he kill are typically bound in a way that they can't fight back and defensive tools would be pointless. Liking the silhouette though, I'd add more edge loops around the curl of the top of the hat. I'm guessing this is a kid-friendly executioner because the lack of blood either tells me that, or it says he's slacking off on the job.
  • Wayfa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys!! thank you all for the good feedback. Much appreciated:thumbup::poly121:

Mast: You re absolutely right. For some reason i ve made crappy poly count on the hat/mask thing. When I realized it was already being skinned. I'll probably fix it.. its kinda ruining the rest of my work.

Low odor: Actually was my intention to get sorta plastic look.. to make it look a bit like a toy. Guess the results are not as good as planned.. Mixing detailed textures and simple ones didn't payed much.

Zilk: I think the shield states clearly that he aint a mere executioner :poly124:.. In fact.. the "Executioner's Guild" that exist in the comic.. is somewhat like a extremely effective group of mercenaries.
    So damn effective that, if they re after you.. you are as good as dead :D That's why they re "executioner" and not soldiers or something else.
    Regarding the blood, is good point.. but originaly, no matter how much bloodshed or brutal battle he gets into, he just ends up a bit stained, as saying much. He is absurdly efective.
    Guess I should have stated this things before...

Cheers!
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    hah! fun character!
    The shield threw me off at first too. but it don't matter. Still rocks!
  • ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek polycounter lvl 10
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    awesome but yeah, add some loops to the hat.
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My first question was about the shield but ya answered it earlier on... so yeah.

Though I love the character so far, I'd like to see some over sized stitches up the back of the hood/mask to break it up some.

Just an idea.
  • Wayfa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool Idea.. that ll help a bit on that area and is easy to do.

Thx for the feedback guys :)