Home Technical Talk

Favorite modifier list?

I was watching Racer's AK tutorial and i noticed he had like a favorite modifier list above the modifier box. So he could quickly use the push modifier, unwrap etc etc. Could anyone tell me how to do that?

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I couldn't get along without custom modifier button sets. After using them for so long I'm competely blocked for 1-2 seconds if I sit down at a station that doesn't have them. "umm where is edit poly!? What did you do to it!? Oh yea you like the drop down list..."

Under the modifier stack there is a button "configure modifier sets", click it and turn on "show buttons" then click configure sets. Then you drag and drop modifiers into the boxes. You can actually use a few "sets" which you can toggle between from the configure modifier sets button. You create new sets by giving it a name in the sets box and click save.

The order of the buttons is kind of weird so you'll probably spend some time dragging the modifiers around to get them into the right order. I think they attempted to fix that in 2010 but I haven't checked.
  • cloakingturtle
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    I created a custom Toolbar between the Command Panel and my Viewports for my most used Modifiers. Doesn't take as much space as the buttons in the Command Panel. I like my Modify Tab nice and clean...