Home Technical Talk

Good DVD tutorials on Organic modeling?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
Hey all!

I've been doing level design for quite a few years now, mostly in Source, but I've recently moved over to 3D Studio Max to break away from the engine's limitations. One thing I've never really been any good at though is organic modeling. I'd really like to find some easy to follow DVD classes that use max specifically so I can learn as I really think it would help improve the quality of my portfolio. Being able to model things like Gargoyles, statues or anything else more organic would really help but I really need some tutorials that start with the absolute basics and move up from there.

I've seen some of the videos at 3D buzz and they are fairly good quality, but sometimes they loose me in the side talk and get a little more advanced than the tutorial you're watching even though they say at the beginning that they won't.

Does anyone know of any other really good video tutorials that are aimed at beginners and specifically for beginners?

I'm looking more for ones I can purchase rather than free tutorials as they tend to be of better quality, but if you know of any great quality free ones, I'd love those too.

And I'm more of a visual learner, hence why I'm looking for DVDs.

Thanks in advance!

Replies