Home Technical Talk

Maya Rigging - problem with constraints

mod
Hey guys, i recently downloaded this rig http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/character-rigs/c/kasumi-ui

i absoultely love it. a nice rig for sure. but the problem is that i cant rotate the body node more than 90 degrees in x, making it impossible to do any sort of aerials. Can anyone help me with this? i dont know how to get rid of that 90 degree maximum

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Quick hack fix without looking at the rig. Since its the root body node you want to rotate around freely why not link it a non-renderable object that doesn't have constraints?
  • Draffin
    Assuming its the controller that's limiting it. Select the controller and open the "Attribute Editor" (The button for it is on the top right of your GUI, there's 3 in a row, it's the one on the left).

There may be a bunch of tabs, Generally you want the left most one, but you may have to go through them. Anyway, assuming its the left one look for a sub category in it called "Limit Information". Open that and it'll give you a choice between position, rotate and scale.
    If the rotation limit is checked, either change the numbers in the boxes or just uncheck it to give you an unlimited range.

That tab will be on all objects though, so if the controller has no limit on it, then check the bone itself.

Hope that all makes sense :)

Goodluck