• Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    A perfect 10 game for me so far, on chapter 8, humbling stuff when a game is this polished, really amazing game, best environments I've seen this year, also animation, story, dialogue, casting... I actually enjoy the company of the people that follow me on my adventure!!!
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Wicked textures and enviros, like Gamedev said, there seems to be some SSAO going on which makes things pop.

I love how almost everything you traverse on seems to react in some small way, little bends here and there along with all the large scale falling off and cracking stuff.

The animation and acting are phenominal, close to and if not better than some movies ive seen this year. 1st thing i purchased with my ingame cash was the behind the scenes movies, interesting that they pre-render the cinematics in the engine and transition seamlessly to realtime. the faces look great.

ugh, I love this game, only thing thats offputting for me is the enemies are still a bit bullet spongey, a headshot doesnt always down em.
  • gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    gamedev:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_2:_Among_Thieves

see the graphics and tech section :)
    It is notable that the game is one of the few to utilize Screen Space Ambient Occlusion

Yea, I thought I saw it! It looks great, really adds some awesome depth to things.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    I'm calling it now, Game Of The Year.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Geezus wrote: »
    I'm calling it now, Game Of The Year.

I agree.

though demon's souls gets my vote for 'Game' game, and brutal legend for 'holy fuck epic metal yes!'
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Time to stop scraping the barrel, and start scraping the kettle. I can't resist now, gonna have to buy the f**cker.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just got through the nepal scene. Jesus fucking christ I can't believe how much fun it is. This is possibly the best experience since HL2 imo.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    just finished it. holy shit. so good.
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    gamedev wrote: »
    Yea, I thought I saw it! It looks great, really adds some awesome depth to things.

I'm just blown away by the fact that they are using 90-100% of the cell processor. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many PS3 games can have that claim.

This makes me want a PS3 even more. Life is so unfair.:(
  • Axios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios polycounter lvl 10
    Just cleared it on Hard. Amazing in pretty much every way. There was a section that felt too similar to Drake's Fortune, but if for nothing else, the game is totally worth it for the last few lines.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Just played it for a couple of hours, just starting chapter 6 atm. The beginning was quite slow although the great cutscenes make up for that.

Although it been good so far, i really thought i would have been even better, but maybe i'll reserve my judgement until i'm further in.

As for the graphics, dosen't seem much of an improvement from the first game to me, it's just a lot less saturated in colour.
    The environment still look amazing, animations are good and the textures are really good.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Man I might have to go buy this one. I was just gonna gamefly it. But when the game is making Pior go buy a copy for a system he doesn't even own it must be pretty awesome.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Game is awesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
  • o2car
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o2car polycounter lvl 16
    Im about 2/3rds into the game. Love the Shaders, lighting and polycount (1.2 million/frame). The amount of detail is insane! I am also impressed at what they manage to do with the Cell processors of the PS3. The small nepalese village and the icy cave are prettiest so far.

I´m not very impressed with the story/dialogue though, very predictable and pre-mature.

Hope to finish it this weekend as im going to get demon´s souls next week, a game i think is more my cup of tea.

Oscar
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    Just got this yesterday and haven't really stopped playing
    great stuff!
    my eyes are on stalks
    literally/
  • greuh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greuh polycounter lvl 15
    I have been playing and trying to limit myself to short intervals so I don't rush through to the end.
    The game is beyond gorgeous, as an environment artist it's desperately beautiful lol
    The amazing thing for me so far (50% through the game give or take); they manage to make every areas more stunning than the one before, I am still trying to recover from the nepal rooftops ;)
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    wow, just finished it. Quite an artistic achievement. Like the first one though I'm not really sold on Drake as a hero. He seems like the most non offensive PG character anyone could come up with. I'd expect him to show up as a cameo on Friends or something. Its funny that during a couple times in the game he suddenly develops some moral dilemma about killing people while you just slogged through killing 200 people to get to that point.

Anyway still an amazing looking\animated game that was thoroughly enjoyable.
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    greuh wrote: »
    they manage to make every areas more stunning than the one before, I am still trying to recover from the nepal rooftops ;)

Seriously. The end envirionments are insanely nice. I just finished it as well, so it's on to multiplayer or brutal legend.

Anyone playing the MP?

Also, they said 80k tris for the main characters? Is that right?
  • BHJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BHJ
    JMYoung wrote: »
    Seriously. The end envirionments are insanely nice. I just finished it as well, so it's on to multiplayer or brutal legend.

Anyone playing the MP?

Also, they said 80k tris for the main characters? Is that right?

Also just finished it - one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's great to see something this polished hit the shelves - a complete joy to experience.

80k tris is right mate; check out the bonus videos available to 'purchase' on the bonus menu in the store - 'mastering the Cell Processor' is the video you want - goes into a nice amount of detail suprisingly; unlike a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff which just spam lots of pretty pictures (not that this video doesn't!) :P

Mp is great fun also - 14k people playing last night according to the counter.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Don't forget to buy the slowmotion tweak at the store. Turning that on during those epic moments made me cum everytime :)

Twice.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Geeze, your underpants must stand on their own from the crustyness.

Unless you don't wear pants when you play.
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    Just finished it. Absolutely amazing! Definitely my favorite game this year. I'm going to go back through as fat Drake. :D
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Finished the game now, holy shit this game is impressive, whilst I think the last couple of chapters went a bit of the way of Resident Evil 5, 90% of this game had me not wanting to put the controller down, that takes a lot.
    I also like how they added the ability to unlock a shit load of bonus content, playing as the more expensive single-player characters near the bottom of the list is fuckin funny :p
    If only I was interested in multiplayer, I'm sure this game would last me quite a while yet.

Great work all those working at naughtydog, you surpassed my expectations!
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Just finished this last night. First time in ages that I've had a game keep me up till early in the morning playing. It's also the first game that I could see being a movie. Definitely my game of the year.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    jeffro wrote: »
    It's also the first game that I could see being a movie. Definitely my game of the year.

yeah, gotta agree with both these points. (except the second one Demon's Souls will battle with), but never have I actually wanted a game to be a movie so bad. It would destroy Indy 4, even though it essentially is a new indy.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My wife picked this up for me as a surprise! I have been playing it heavily since yesterday. I am working my way to the front of the train right now...
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oops delete please...
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Completed it, great game, no bad moments in it, except one bug at the start where I was trapped in the outer realms of the game engine. Doesn't bother me at all, easily a 10/10. Going to back and complete it on crushing level and collect all of the treasures.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just finished! Great game! I am going to wait until I get a better TV to play Crushing. I have a small TV, and I need a big one to enjoy its visual prowess! :)
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    game gets a 4.5 out of 5 for me.... you can't shoot the chickens in the village/tank chapter... fail :)
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert wrote: »
    game gets a 4.5 out of 5 for me.... you can't shoot the chickens in the village/tank chapter... fail :)

Nor the birds in the trees...They just fly away after being shot.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Traded in Halo3, Prince of Persia and Gears of War 2 yesterday to pick this up for $6. Totally worth the trade in. So far one of the best gaming experiences I've had in years.
  • o2car
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o2car polycounter lvl 16
    5 years ago I tried to imagine how awesome games would look like today. Now I know.
    Thanks Naughty Dog!

At the bottom:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20051210073855/global.dice.se/work/graphicans/