Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Christian Hjerpe polycounter lvl 11
    Cool stuff! God layout of the site aswell
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    Dig the layout, and that medieval town is DEFINITELY my favorite of all your work. My only question is on the 2d side, why do you have this badass armor with practically no face and a quickly drawn sword. I would just consider finishing this up.
  • Max
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max
    Sirdelita wrote: »
    Dig the layout, and that medieval town is DEFINITELY my favorite of all your work. My only question is on the 2d side, why do you have this badass armor with practically no face and a quickly drawn sword. I would just consider finishing this up.

Thank you very much!:) and about the armor, that is a good question...
  • Max
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max
    Pzychaoz wrote: »
    Cool stuff! God layout of the site aswell

Thank you! :D
  • Mimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great work.

Make the thumbnails smaller. They took a little time to load for me, then again my work connection sucks, but thumbnails normally show pretty quick. Having long thumbnails also means some people need to scroll down.

Make it quick, and try to keep everything on one page, no scrolling.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    Hi there emil ;) time to start posting up portfolios i see,

I like the village, though i think the picture came out a bit noisy, maybe that's in the texture maybe not ^^;

would have loved to see more environment work from you.
  • urgaffel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urgaffel polycounter lvl 17
    Nice stuff! Couple of thoughts:

The medieval village needs to be put in an engine. The shadows in max aren't all that awesome, so you get artifacts on the walls etc, also the textures are so sharp they get noisy which isn't helping. It looks good but I think it could look even better in a "real" engine.

The Pict warrior is cool but depending on where you apply, the full frontal nudity might cause some consternation. Personally I lol:ed but then again I'm swedish ;) Maybe just a slight mosaic on it? Maybe others can chime in on wether it's going to be an issue or not. Then again, do you want to work at a company where it could be an issue? On the other hand... What self respecting game studio would be against penises?

2d stuff looks great, but the coloured one of the old shaman is the least polished piece imo. Either drop it or polish it. It seems to be slightly low res and blurry compared to your sketches which are really good.

All in all I'd say a pretty good portfolio for someone starting out. Oh yeah, would be nice to see a bit more of the village, textures and wireframes for example. Take the "One week" off and put it in an engine!
  • Max
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max
    Hi there emil ;) time to start posting up portfolios i see,

I like the village, though i think the picture came out a bit noisy, maybe that's in the texture maybe not ^^;

would have loved to see more environment work from you.

Tjenare Jonas!

Yes, I know my portfolio is a bit overcrowded with characters, and I'd love to see more environment work from myself hehehe!

You should be working on your portfolio these days too right, or is Nippon on the map now?
  • Max
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max
    Mimp wrote: »
    Great work.

Make the thumbnails smaller. They took a little time to load for me, then again my work connection sucks, but thumbnails normally show pretty quick. Having long thumbnails also means some people need to scroll down.

Make it quick, and try to keep everything on one page, no scrolling.

Thank you! I'll keep it in mind!:)
  • Max
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Max
    urgaffel wrote: »
    Nice stuff! Couple of thoughts:

The medieval village needs to be put in an engine. The shadows in max aren't all that awesome, so you get artifacts on the walls etc, also the textures are so sharp they get noisy which isn't helping. It looks good but I think it could look even better in a "real" engine.

The Pict warrior is cool but depending on where you apply, the full frontal nudity might cause some consternation. Personally I lol:ed but then again I'm swedish ;) Maybe just a slight mosaic on it? Maybe others can chime in on wether it's going to be an issue or not. Then again, do you want to work at a company where it could be an issue? On the other hand... What self respecting game studio would be against penises?

2d stuff looks great, but the coloured one of the old shaman is the least polished piece imo. Either drop it or polish it. It seems to be slightly low res and blurry compared to your sketches which are really good.

All in all I'd say a pretty good portfolio for someone starting out. Oh yeah, would be nice to see a bit more of the village, textures and wireframes for example. Take the "One week" off and put it in an engine!

Thanks! I've been doing 3D for 1 year and three months now.

I was a bit chocked how people reacted to the "dong" man, I didn't think people would 'react' to it, I mean I've done nude paintings for 4 years, so I guess I'm a bit more used to the whole thing and it's all natural and girls are showing boobs and other thingies all the time, I mean there's is alot of female "penises" out there in the 3d world and thought it would only be fair, but I was proven wrong, though I'm stubborn ;)

You're absolutely right about the shaman, he'll prolly go. I wanted to have something colored in my portfolio, so I took him since he's painted over a good lineart, but no, he'll go.