Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP game teaser

For my graduating portfolio Im going to make a 4min long teaser video for a game concept that i have. This is a silhouette/early concept art that i have for some of the vehicles that i want to have in the video. NOT all of these are going to make it in to the video, i want to put about 8 total vehicles in to it. i have a few more to draw out. let me know what you think.
fullvehiclesheetcopy.jpg

Replies

• shogunOFdrums
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TIGER BARB
    early concept art pre sihouette study
    tigerbarbperspectivecopy.jpg Anvil Hill AHC-242 Tiger Barb and variants
    The Tiger Barb chassis, chassis ID# AHC-242 is one of the more interesting vehicle concepts thought up by Anvil Hill’s engineers. Developed to mobilize their 120mm AHMGG (Anvil Hill Massive Gatling Gun). This craft can be tough to control due to the weapons kick. To help minimize the weapons kick, it rotates at a slower speed and the weapon has advanced stabilization fields. However it still takes a skilled pilot to fly the Tiger Barb. The Tiger Barb requires powerful engines to produce enough trust to get it up to combat speed.
    The vehicle has taken on a role as a fast hit hard and run vehicle against bigger targets, but in can withstand prolonged dogfights. Anvil Hill uses it to raid deep in to rival corporations territory. It works well for taking out cargo transports.
    The tiger barb hit the professional race scene with outstanding results. It is quite maneuverable and whatever it cannot out shoot it can generally out run, with the proper engines. Many times racers can not get their hands on AHMGG (Anvil Hill Massive Gatling Gun). So crews sometimes replace this with a Proton torpedo launcher or a rail cannon. The most interesting replacement was when racer Terry Shwine Balocker replaced the Gatling gun with a massive turbine jet, and increased the size of the nose section and added engine thrust exhaust ports After Hill ling engineers got wind of this they produced their own version, the AHC-251D Mustang.
    For the Mustang the Gatling gun was replaced with a huge version of their Ion engine. The bridge compartment was made more aerodynamic and moved slightly forward on the chassis. The craft was given smaller sponsors. Also the side engines were removed to improve aerodynamics. The real kicker is the Scram Jet mounted under the chassis. Once the Ion engine brings the mustangs speed up to Mach 3 the scram jet can take the Mustang up to Mach 5.5. The AHC-251D Mustang hence is one of the fastest craft that a racer can get his hands on and an extremely dangerous raider to other corporations.
    Tiger Barb general
    Size class 8
    Measurements do not count armor
    -Length 94ft
    -Width nose 15ft, crew/cargo bay 12ft
    -Height nose 17ft/ crew 14ft /bridge8ft
    Crew 3, sleeping quarters for 8
    Thrust
    -2 (experimental) EIFT (Enveloping Ion Field Thruster technology) AH XE-102 Ion Drives
    -Cruse speed 856 mph
    -max speed 1532 mph
    Hover drive
    -ALHD-C1000 (Anvil Hill Hover Drive, Caterpillar)
    Weapon ports
    Main weapon hard points
    - Nose hull, 4 hard point Weapon, fixed forward
    -120mm AHMGG (Anvil Hill Massive Gatling Gun)
    - Port and Starboard sponsors, 2 hard point weapon, 180 degrees rotation
    -Plasma cannon
    -Stern,2 hard point weapon, 240 Degree rotation
    -120mm cannon
    Point defense cannons
    Bow Mounted, 1 hard point, 240 degrees rotation
    -laser cannon
    Rocket/missile mounts
    stern, Rocket/missile mounts
    -12 count vertical launcher large missiles
    -24 count vertical launcher small missiles
    Melee ports
    Bow mounted, 1 point
    [FONT=&quot] -energy Saw[/FONT]
  • shogunOFdrums
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tigger barb model
    I plan on retexturing this
    profilenew2.jpg
    sideused.jpgtigerbarbfreshoftheline.jpg
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    if it rams something with that saw isn't it going to crash? I don't quite get how it grabs ships and cuts them
  • shogunOFdrums
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i assume ur talking about the big boy
    i have not figured that out yet...yet. but the idea is that is its so much bigger that it can just smash smaller ships out of the way. the ram will have two sides two so it can also grab smaller vehicles and then the saw under the front section will come up and cut it in half.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    the background hurts my eyes put it on a simple colour like gray or desaturated colours unless you have a scene you can put it in. other than that it looks like its coming along ok, are the textures all on one sheet?
  • shogunOFdrums
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no the textures are a mess i really need help on how would you guys approach the textures. At first i was worried about making it sections so in game it could easily be modded by a player, for example they could put different sponsors on but then i was not sure how to texture all of it that way, so each piece got a different texture. because its for a movie i'm not sure if it matters then BUT i would like to put it in to Unreal in the future so... im a little lost......
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I think you need to solidify the mechanism, if you don't fully know then no-one else does
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    I like the front of this rig, it's really starwars/retro/sci-fi, yea? But I don't really like the back,. it's not wetting my ice cream cone, if you know what I'm say'n.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    I think the saw(?) thing in the front is wayy to flimsy. It doesn't look functional, nor dangerous. It looks more like a radio antenna than a weapon. Even if you can explain it with all sorts of fictional technology, you need to make the right visual impact to the viewer.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    well I guess most of us would put all the textures on one 1024 or 2048 map using uvunwrap and paint them up in photoshop. Do you know about uv mapping and texturing? if not I suggest checking out the polycount wiki when thats working or go over to somewhere like poops site http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorial/tutorial.htm
  • shogunOFdrums
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yea i know about uv unwraps and texturing in photoshop. I guess what im asking is...in game the craft would be fully customizable so the sponsors on the side could be replaced with something different or you could put a whole new front chassis on to it. so when texturing each piece would you make a new material for each piece or put the entire craft on one big unwrap??
  • praxedes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if you are adding in lots of different modular pieces, then they won't get much UV space so the texture will need to be really really hi res, surely? cos effectively you'll have several ships, to cover the options. So I would put the core design parts on one texture and the optional extras on one or more other textures depending on the amount you make and how the UVs pan out.

~P~