Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wolverine Comicon 2009

Hey guys.
This is a Lowpoly model that made for the "Comic challenge 2" at GameArtisans forum.
The modeling was made on max, the high poly modeling was done using Zbrush.

Hope you all like it

Wolverine_001.jpg

Wolverine_002.jpg

Wolverine_003.jpg

Wolverine_004.jpg

Wolverine_005.jpg

Wolverine_006.jpg

Cheers!
-Belal

Replies

• butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Looking SUHWEET
    The serratus anterior doesnt come down that much. It originates from the upper 8 ribs on the mid-axillary line. The vasti (the muscles just above the patella) arent of the same size. The one on the lateral (outer side) ios bigger and the one on the medial side is thinner and comes down more to insert on the patella
    Reminds of ThatDons comic con entry :)
    Depending on what you have in mind, i think you could add tones more personailty to huim by playing with the proportions.Maybe you could add some personailty to the boots? :)

Looking forward to updates :D great job
  • whipSwitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whipSwitch polycounter lvl 8
    It is a really good start. I have to say though, that i don't like the mask at all. It looks like it was vacuum-molded to his face. And while this works for most superhero bodies to show-off the physique, it just makes the face look goofy. He has always had a very distinctive mask. I would just find some reference and try to stay as close as possible. Then you can re-interpret the costume,etc.

keep it up :)
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    I was going to make a crit but then realised butt_sahib had already made it in doctor speak :P
    Google if you don't know anatomy well enough to know what he is talking about, its a good crit ;) Also look at the hypathenar muscles (the muscle betwean the pinky and the wrist) its looking too thick from the top of the hand to the bottom though it might be the render angle.

Agreed on looking awesome.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the detail you packed in. His legs look a little stumpy, maybe that is because his claws are out making his arms look longer?

His suit seems to suck into some cracks as if it was vac-u-sealed. It's one of the more common pitfalls of doing the muscle anatomy and then painting a few little details here and there to hint at cloths.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    what kind of material are you thinking for the suit? right now it's coming across as wet tee-shirts.

the basic shape of his legs is very balloony and undefined. looks like you jumped into detailing him before nailing the large forms.

overall it's looking pretty good, though