Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Challenger_Tank

Hey guys I created this Challenger Tank a little while back and I would be very greatful if I could get some feedback and critiques on areas where I could improve it and make it a better piece.

cheers

challengertankupdate.jpg

challengertankupdate2.jpg

challengertankupdate4.jpg

challengertankupdate3.jpg

challengertankupdate3.jpg

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    post wires and rerender without the black background. use a dark grey. adjust the lights a bit as well as its really hrd to see details
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    add in some more of the detail, like the plates on the glacis, the daysight shield, add the guncloth near the GPS and.. well i made a picture:
    challenge.jpg
  • amotaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ slipsius - I have re-rendered the tank on a lighter background and I have adjusted the lights a bit hopefully it will be more clearer now.

challengertankrerender.jpg

challengertankrerender1.jpg

challengertankrerender2.jpg

@ Dejawolf - hehehe I am loving the critique dude you have artistically dissected it with that annotation, I am aware that you know your stuff about tanks and military vehicles and so if you say all this then to some extent it will probably be right. If you spot anything else that needs upgrading please don't hesistate to say again please.

On a Side note I know when you looked at the barrel chamber you must have been like :poly101: as I know in the ref the barrel looks nothing like that. But I should have stated it in the opening post that I wanted to change the barrel to be creative so that it had a slight pulse rifle look about it.

The little red slits were actually areas where the barrel was meant to glow but as I had only d/l Marmoset last week I don't know how to get that in there yet.

But I am going to take your points on aboard and act on them asahp thanks for the advice dude.:thumbup:
  • amotaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok after being humbled by Deja (Cheers for that), I have tried to amend the tank from the critiques which I took on board here it is now, I am still working on the little door for the viewport at the front but here it is at the moment with the amendments

challengeramendment.jpg