rolfness wrote: »
    The Road gets my vote..

awesome film

watched it finally. Loved it. :thumbup:
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Watch The Road if you really want to watch a REALLY long trudge thru a barren wasteland, with no story other than a dad and son surviving thru several random encounters with a few other random survivors, but mostly just starving and being depressed. If you have much need for decent pacing, The Road (both movie and book) will leave you bored as hell. I appreciate what it is, but this is a nearly 2 hour movie that feels like it's four.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    /yay for 2 years old thread
    wasker wrote: »
    It's french, nuff said.

booo FU !
    ->
    Delicatessen
    La cit
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Sorry if I offended you Noors, I meant "it's french" in a good way :D
    I've seen all those movies you listed and they're some of my favorites as are french directors such as Luc Besson, Jean Renoir and Jacques Tati. Jeunet et Carot make really cool movies too (The exception being Alien Ressurection I guess, maybe becaus Carot wasnt involved in its making).
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    I'm pretty sure he meant "it's french, nuff said" as, there's a lot of french films that can be very weird, delicatessen being one example, NOT bad, or cheaply made.

I own Eden Log, I thought it was great. It definitely needs more than one watch though, to understand it a bit better.

Side note: Martyrs, À l'intérieur, Ils, Frontiere(s), Sheitan, The Ordeal [Google reports it as, Calvaire](can't remember the french name), all French horror films I love. Accept for maybe Ils. Not sure if that's French, and the ending was a little much for me. Basically all the French horror films that I've seen, I like.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    hehe it's ok, you're forgiven. The city of the lost children has been the most expensive movie for some times, due to a lot of fx, and cg (1995!) but i think Delicatessen was more effective, though it was a much cheaper budget. Not really horror though, just glaucous and cynical, as i like :q
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    My god, 90% of the suggestions in this thread are just utter crap!

Some of these suggestions are the same quality as Armageddon, and Plan 9 from Outer Space.

>_<
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    As everyone or some said 28 days and weeks later.... In my opinion the best apocalyptic/zombie movies everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • DimitrisT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DimitrisT polycounter lvl 17
    Stalker (1979)
    Andrey Tarkovskiy
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079944/

A really good and beautiful, post-apocalyptic movie.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    My god, 90% of the suggestions in this thread are just utter crap!

Some of these suggestions are the same quality as Armageddon, and Plan 9 from Outer Space.

>_<

lol better not be talking about mine !!!

ebagg wrote: »
    Watch The Road if you really want to watch a REALLY long trudge thru a barren wasteland, with no story other than a dad and son surviving thru several random encounters with a few other random survivors, but mostly just starving and being depressed. If you have much need for decent pacing, The Road (both movie and book) will leave you bored as hell. I appreciate what it is, but this is a nearly 2 hour movie that feels like it's four.

yanno i dunno what to say.. no story other than a dad and son surviving.. followed by mostly starving and depressed... that does both the book and the film a huge injustice.. what the hell do you think a post apocalyptic context holds? shit and giggles ? and as far as the pacing is concerned well, there isnt a whole lot to do in a barren wasteland so unless the conclave come along and mess with you day or the brotherhood of steel get you to join their cause.. youre really left with being hungry and depressed and dealing with random people that cross your path... if you want a film that tries to describe a reality such as this with some honesty and reality then i cant think of a better candidate.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    knowing with nick cage, crap film but great explosions at the end
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    The Divide. Saw it at the EIFF, built to an 8/10 but ended up as a 7.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535616/
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    If you're a fan of Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away/Princess Mononoke), then you might like the very first thing he directed:

A Television series called: Future Boy Conan.

gyao.jpg
    thick%20wings%20Howl.JPG

Amazing story. Really seems to put things into perspective, considering they are the only people ever to have the nukes dropped on them.

conan10.bmp
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
  • matt6358
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    matt6358 polycounter lvl 10
  • Ride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Fountain kinda gave me that feeling, not sure if it was meant to.