Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
yeah can't seem to find the link with google. handy little plugin

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://rpmanager.com/plugins/Transmographier.htm

Careful the last version I used which (looks like the latest) did not play nicely with max2010. The mesh would visually corrupt at times but was fixable by reloading the file. It would also crash more often unless objects with transmog where collapsed.

It was ok to use really quick then collapse, but leaving it on an object was a bit risky. I think he's working on a new version to address the issues. It's great I hope its fixed soon, but at least its still "functional", just a bit touchy.

2010 (graphite modeling tools) has some mirroring tools but its not anywhere near what transmog can do. It only mirrors the mesh as you have it, and its a permanent mirror and I don't think you can flip it. So it pretty much sucks, but its stable...
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    cheers vig. anyone got an older version as the one I was using worked fine with max 2010..

I normally use it as a stack thing with an edit poly, so that doesn't sound good

what the hell is wrong with the symmetry tools in max anyway?. don't seem to work at all
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No prob at all, I love that little plug in.

On the site he has the 8, 9, 2008, 2009 version (1.1) just above the the 2010 32-64bit download.

Thats probably the version you where using? The last time I downloaded 1.1 was Dec last year.

I haven't tried 1.1 in 2010 so I'll have to give it a spin and see if its any more stable for me. Thanks for the heads up. It wasn't so unstable that I stopped using it, the rewards still outweighed the risks.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    works fine anyway for what i am doing. thanks again
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Erm... what exactly IS "Transmogrifier" - not a very descriptive name, that, though the Calvin and Hobbes Reference is appreciated. :)