Home General Discussion

Glorious Coffee.

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Alchohol's a nice depressant, just start the day with caffiene, end it with alchohol!
  • Irreal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    Tim Horton's Extra-Large Double-Double on my way to work. Only try to do 2-3 of these a week.

I piss diet-coke though.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Irreal wrote: »
    Tim Horton's Extra-Large Double-Double on my way to work. Only try to do 2-3 of these a week.

I piss diet-coke though.

These were an everyday purchase for me this past year at school; sometimes even two a day.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    well, having a tim hortans 30 feet from your class room makes that easy brandon
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think coffee tastes like crap. and the stuff at starbucks which i dont think really passes as "coffee" is so sweet it puts me to sleep.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I usually can't drink regular coffee as well, unless I add alot of milk/cream/chocolate. I do really enjoy the white moca at starbucks though.

If I do have coffee its only 1 per day usually, 20oz probably. But anything more and I get jittery. I also try to limit it to 1-2 sodas or less a day. But I make sure to drink like 3-4 glasses of water a day too.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I've heard rumours that the coffee situation is rather dire in the US. Is it really true that Starbucks is considered a good place to stock up on hot caffienated beverages over there?
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    right, exactly, ok, I am addicted, too much pressure! :)
    about 2 cups in the morning, 4 cups in the afternoon, depending on the night 1.
    But here's one thing, im from Brazil, and the coffee in US is extremely BAD! and damn expensive...
    Please, if you guys know some brands i could buy that are not so expensive... I would accept some tips. I only drink regular, it has to be strong, no tea coffee...
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Jackablade wrote: »
    I've heard rumours that the coffee situation is rather dire in the US. Is it really true that Starbucks is considered a good place to stock up on hot caffienated beverages over there?

I've heard it's a good place to get milkshakes that they dunk a coffee bean in or a cup of burnt shit with whipped cream on top.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    cup o' joe, oh how I love yo

I have to echo the Brazillians in this thread. Brazil has bomb-ass coffee. I had a friend bring back a couple of tons of the stuff when I was in school- we both cried the day the last drop was brewed and we had to go back to drinking the dirt water swill that passes for coffee here in the states.

I like my dirt water though..been drinking lighter breakfast blends lately..easier on the stomach
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    starbucks over here seems to make decent coffee |:
  • MartinKDahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinKDahl polycounter lvl 17
    i drink until time seems to slow down like some sort of matrix effect, which ends up making my workday feel alot longer... i should stop.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I usually start out my day at work with a nice travel mug of coffee (just Folgers, nothing special) with milk, a little creamer, and a little brown sugar. That lasts me until right around 4-5pm, when I grab a few sips of Amp or Mt. Dew just to last me the rest of the night.

Last semester though, when I was working 40 hours while taking 4 classes, I LIVED off of coffee and energy drinks. That was a twitchy few months.
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    I an unfazed, Starbucks haters! I mean, sure, between the syrup and whipped cream it may bear more resemblance to hot chocolate than a cup of joe. But there's nothing wrong with liking your sugar with coffee and cream, because I got to keep it going keep it going full steam.
  • MALicivs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MALicivs polycounter lvl 15
    Dekard wrote: »
    for some reason I can't stand the taste of coffee too bitter, all though I am addicted to chai latte's...

you know there's this crazy invention called sugar. :P