Home Technical Talk

how to use mirror in zbrush?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
vofff polycounter lvl 10
I have a problem while sculpting the face. The transform symmetry didnt following it correctly. And I am not sure how to use the mirror function in deformation window. It keeping it saying "note: this function can not be applied to a mesh with multiplie subd levels." Someone else know how?
howtomirror.jpg

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    You don't want mirror. Mirror will flip your entire mesh on whichever axis is shown in the preview window. What you want for this fellow is ReSym. Or Smart ReSym ideally.

Mask off the side of the mesh that you want to keep the same and then select Smart Resym. With any luck it'll work straight off.
    It's a bit screwy though. If it doesn't work you can sometimes fix it by using ReSym (not Smart Resym) on a small section of your model that's already symmetrical before doing the smart resym on the entire mesh. It also often works better if you start off on a lower subdivision level and then Smart Resym each subsequent level.

If you hold down CTRL and mouse over the buttons you'll get a descrption of what they do so you won't have this confusion in future.
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    Hello again since it is same topic problem I decided to post one more help here.
    I have used twice the smart resym. And it seems it doesnt work anymore when I tried to smart resym the hand. "Symmetri points not found symmetry map was not stored."
    I followed ur words masked the other hand and hide the body to make smart resym.
    resymproblem.jpg