Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anime character WIP : crits and advices needed

Hello,

My team and I are developing a 3D "point and click" adventure game (like the Monkey Island or Sam & Max series) and the settings are manga and anime.

We want the player to feel like he is inside an episode of a comic anime about high-school life : the graphics (at least the characters) will be cel-shaded.
The model will be rigged and animated.

I'm currently trying to create the main character model, and I would want some critics and advices.

My budget is arbitrarily (and randomly) sets between 1000 and 2000 polygons for a character.

sunrise_hero_1.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

Replies

• NiGHTS2o06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would definitely look at the structure of your mesh.

* The thin polys around the chest are definitely not needed. Look at your smoothed mesh on the right, they are causing a bit of pinching.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done, as it seems too uniform and tubular at the moment. Try to find some "Persona 3/4" images as it seems this is how you want your characters to be. Also look at Eternal Sonata and any of the "Tales" games.
  • Aranoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advices and refs, there's still a lot of work to do, but is it better ? Am I going to the right direction ?

I think it's more "dynamic" this way (and less tubular as you said) but is it enough ?

sunrise_hero_2.jpg