Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crit+ advice wanted

Just been doodling whilst bored, using reference images for inspiration n what not, now i must clarify im not the worlds best artist. Ive done this sketch in PS, and ive blocked in the colours, whats your opinion and where should i be going next with this piece? Good Points (if there is any) Bad points etc
What can i do to improve? etc

astreetsketchr.jpg

astreet1.jpg

Replies

• andersh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andersh polycounter lvl 10
    Tighten up your sketch more first with a real perspective grid. Where is your horizon line and vanishing points? Right now everything is very loose - for instance, the windows on your buildings are all different sizes. Once you get the basic perspective rules working for you, you should be able to accurately measure things like the sizes of the windows.

Massive Black puts out some pretty rad looking perspective tutorials I've been meaning to pick up myself:

I'm sure you could find freebies on youtube though...

What is that shape in the bottom left? A train maybe?

Is that a car over on the right? I don't think that's what a car really looks like. "Strive for the truth" my drawing teachers would probably say. Observe some car reference first, don't guess at what a car looks like.

Post more updates!
  • .Murder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks man, i never knew a place liek that excisted ha, i've just bought the first dvd from that set, cant wait to watch it thanks!