Home Technical Talk

mental ray-3ds max more ambient occultion

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Mauser polycounter lvl 10
How do I get more shading or more depth to a model. because some parts of it are just pure white where I want more shading. I'll explain more if you don't know what i'm talking about. sorry i'm in a hurry

Replies

• Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    More information would be nice...if possible with an image of the problem.
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    If the underside of your model is too white place then you can put a floor plane down there. Likewise if the top of the model feels too white place a plane above it, etc. Thru trial and error you can get the level of gray you want as you increase/decrease the plane size and as you increase/decrease the distance of those planes are from the model.
  • Mauser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mauser polycounter lvl 10
    Junkie_XL wrote: »
    If the underside of your model is too white place then you can put a floor plane down there. Likewise if the top of the model feels too white place a plane above it, etc. Thru trial and error you can get the level of gray you want as you increase/decrease the plane size and as you increase/decrease the distance of those planes are from the model.

Thank you junkie! helped a lot man. sorry for the description, I was in a hurry to a football game.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    You could darken your environment setting to a more darker colour.