Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Sekultara Weapons Artist

Bronco
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Bronco polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys

A friend and myself have been working on a browser based game called ‘Sekultara’ since February this year.

Project Overview:-

The project itself was conceived by my friend Paul Cowper who had been planning a project since the summer of 08 when he registered the company ‘ZiCorp Studios Ltd’ in the UK. Initially an online card trading game ‘Sekultara’ has evolved into a deep and quite ambitious RTS strategy game which we believe will fill a gap in what is an increasingly saturated market.

We aim to make the game appealing to strategy fans by making the player think logically and tactically about there next move, but on the same note we want to appeal to casual gamers by making a graphically appealing and easy flowing gaming experience all in the confines of a browser.

Schedule/ compensation:-

There is no fixed Schedule for the project per say, this is because we need money to eat, drink and have a roof over our heads and therefore have ‘real jobs’ to be getting on with, so Sekultara is a free-time affair but we will definitely have a decent playable release out before Christmas….this will be an internal alpha not full release.

As you have probably figured from the section above, the project is currently VOLUNTEER ONLY and though you only have my word for this Paul and I have spent too much time and too much money to not see it through.

Talent needed:-

Im looking for a passionate artist that will work closely with me on a day by day, week by week basis to design and create weapons for the ‘Squad Units’ in Sekultara.

These will be 2d artworks in the game but should be made in 3d in such a way or easily adjusted so that we could use them for videos/animations at a later date.

We have some basic weapon descriptions which your designs should fit into, but rest assured there is A LOT of artistic freedom.

Here's two examples of completed squad weapons I did one weekend. This is the quality we are after.

kenonmissilemk1.jpg

kenonmissilemk1jpg.jpg

Screenies:-

Heres some screenies of almost the entire set of Fleet weapons and the repair ship, here's also some UI screens we are going for.

repairship01.jpg

File?id=dsgnv8z_9dqfcs8d8_b

File?id=dsgnv8z_8gkzsqvgx_b

fleetweaponstogether.jpg

Interested or have any questions/comments?

Contact me at hedgeart[at]googlemail.com

MSN:- bronco_78th[at]hotmail.com

Or PM me on these forums.

We look forward to hearing from you.