Home Technical Talk

3DS Max Help

Hello all,
im new to this forum, and may i say, this place is amazing :D.
but i would realy like to learn 3d design, andi was wonndering if anyone here has any tips or any really good tutorials they would share with me to get me started.

Thank you,
Blade

Replies

• Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    3ds Max comes with a load of beginner tutorials, that will teach you all the basics you need to know. After that, Google is always a good source for Tutorials ;).
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there and welcome to polycount!

This is going to sound smart ass but really it is the quickest easiest and most through way I've found to learn 3dsmax aside from a personal tutor.

Help > Tutorials
    Or...
    F1
    Or...
    Google

Once you get past the interface and get your feet wet you'll probably be asking specific questions that are easier to answer.

Good luck!
  • BladeMoster123
    Ok, thank you very much, i will look at the tutorials, i did not evan know that 3dsmax had its own tutorials :),
    Thank you again :)
  • Mauser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mauser polycounter lvl 10
    might want to google some polygonal modeling tutorials
  • Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have a look at Digital Tutors too, in my opinion they offer the best learning path for Max and Maya for beginners. They haven't got a huge amount of Max stuff on offer, but definitely check out their intro to modelling. Their instructors are fantastic, they show you every last detail in the beginner courses, none of that 'ok carry on with this then come back in the next video when I'll have done 4 more hours work and made the model 10 times more complex'.

Because of their new subscription pricing model you'll be able to access their whole library too which means you can go on to look at their ZBrush stuff or whatever too if you wanted.

Also, between tutorials, try making something yourself using the tips you picked up in the tutorials, when I was a complete beginner, I made the mistake of going through four or five courses before I tried anything on my own, and I'd almost forgotten the basics.

Eat3D offer some game asset related tutorials too which are incredible once you've got into Max.

http://www.digitaltutors.com

http://www.eat3d.com
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    The front page opening movie for digitaltutors doesn't seem to be working for me..