Offline / Send Message
Bokaja polycounter lvl 16
It's on again...

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    So what you found out and are keeping it to yourself?

I'd like to know how what he asked which was to bake maps from a model without splitting it up, I.E. baking seperatly each piece.

Thanks, unless this thread does get closed... I for one wanted to know this, and I see you also removed the post from game artisans.

How is removing posts supposed to help others?
  • Bokaja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calm down :O

I did'nt learn it and then thought "hee hee I'll delete the thread and keep it to myself" - why would I do that? I depend on these threads as much as anyone else...

I just had second thoughts about the subject and thought maybe I havent done my research properly - so wanted to find out more and then ofcourse post about it. But I have'nt found anything on it so I guess it's on again:

Like you are writing it's simply about avoiding the process of having to split up your model when you have many intersecting parts. Like 3dsMax, xNormal is just as sensitive so I thought maybe someone know of any software heading towards solving this issue?

Thanks in advance and I apologize the mess.
  • renderhjs
  • Bokaja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the link - I'm on it ^^
  • undoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I use the "Hit Only Matching Material ID" option instead of separating the objects. The only problem is that it doesn't work with Mental Ray.