Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

2d shooter game team looking for artists

Hello guys.

We are working on a 2D zombie shooter game. I am the team leader and C++ engine programmer. On the team we also have a game-play programmer, who also does music, and a writer. We have experience programming previous projects, but of course we had no artist, so they LOOK bad. We're working on the engine right now, the majority of the programming being done by I, but when we are done in about 2 weeks, which includes the level editor, we want to be able to start working with some level design and art immediately. The game is a 2D shooter, as a I stated before, and is set in a modern time during the zombie apocalypse. The game-play is basically a side scroller shooter, similar to Pawn Game. You move using WASD keys, and we plan to have good feeling physics using Box2D. The game is story driven, meaning that the game is based mostly around the story. For this reason we may need 2 artists, but that remains to be decided. The main character of the game is a soldier, and while at a war the zombie apocalypse starts to occur, so his first mission is to return to his family.

Now that I've explained the project and our current position of things, I'll start explaining what we're looking for. In this game, we need 2D art, and the characters in this art needs to be animated in sprite sheets. So what we need you to know how to do is how to make high quality sprite sheets(512x512+ per tile), and how to make game ready images. If you can do concept art, that's great too, but the majority of what we need is game art. One thing I would like to point out is that if you are a 3D artist, you can render each frame of animation from a side view, and it will look 2D. That is sufficient, and ends up looking rather nice. We need the images in PNG, DDS or TGA format.

What we have to offer with this project is a percentage of the profits, which we can negotiate to an agreeable percent. This project will be commercial, but right now we have a low budget. What we can offer past a percentage of the profit is the possibility to join our team on our next project. Depending on the profits we get from this project, the next project will be a payed project. Please note that we are a team, and therefore we will be working together until the project is complete. I've had some team members who kind of just want to do the art, get the money, and go away. That's not what we're looking for, working for an indie project should be driven by passion, not money. Also, if you are a starting artist, working with an indie team is great. Obviously that is shows some past experience.

If you have a passion for this type of game, or wish to join an indie team for credit or stuff of that sort, it'd be great to have you on our team. Just to summarize, we do offer a percentage of profits we make, we're looking for animated and static sprites, and we are looking for an artist who wants to make a game like this or has a passion that drives them to make a game. Please email me at jedimace1@googlemail.com if you wish to join the team, or respond here.

-Jedimace1