Home General Discussion

someone is selling my modeler on TS!

Replies

• AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    The guy made a mistake, owned up to it and apologized. I think it's time to move on, people.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Lonewolf wrote: »

We were pointing to Grokodaemon because for those of us in the US.. that link above goes to Grokodaemon's Accuracy International AW338 Sniper Rifle page on Turbosquid. I've read over all the posts in this thread and don't see anything about "Stu_da_moo" until Racer posted that it wasn't about Grok..

So, maybe something is up with the forums, or the links are different for other countries.. I have no one on ignore so maybe something else is up..
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    That link points to Grokadaemon, since the original item is no longer availible and TS shows you a similar item.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    The guy made a mistake, owned up to it and apologized. I think it's time to move on, people.

Seconded. Lots of people fuck up; few bother to publicly own up to it. It's very hard to get away with stealing in this industry, and I'm sure that lesson is learned.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks are in order all around.

Thanks to snowfly who went the extra mile to help out a fellow PC'er.
    Thanks to lonewolf for making something worth stealing.
    Thanks to those who apologized and made an attempt to show remorse.
    Thanks to those who resisted the urge to flame, when it would have been oh so easy to do it.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    i usually forgive easily if there no harm done..

its ok

thanx guy for the help

i appreciate it very much!
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Lonewolf wrote: »
    i usually forgive easily if there no harm done..

its ok

thanx guy for the help

i appreciate it very much!

I can't help but admire your attitude. That's some good karma being brewed here :P
  • stuthemoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for kind replies and you are so forgiving.

Also, Yes I would have taken the product down if it was selling well.
    But of course it would be still up if Snowfly hadn't contacted me or if I hadn't found this topic.

But he did contact me, I took it down, I learnt my lesson and I had my best attempt at publicly apologizing so please try to forgive me.

I know that this will not change anything and even though the product didn't sell, Lonewolf you can have any of my TS products you want, take your pick. I know you'll probably be able to make all of those in about a minute but this is my best attempt.

Thanks,
    Stuart
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    hey man, good to see you on here.
    wanting to avoid a bad rep is pretty weak motivation for an apology. going by this incident and your history on the unity forums, you seem to be ok with theft as long as no one calls you out on it. i wonder if you've really learned your lesson, hope you can prove me wrong...
    if cash is still an issue, i'm sure you can come up with creative ways to earn it without stepping on anyone else's toes.
    good luck buddy

lonewolf is a classy feller :)
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    stuthemoo, this may have been the best thing that could have happened to you. Not only are you off the hook by saying sorry but you have found a place that will help you get better so that you wont have to steal again. There is a lot you can learn here, all you have to do is post in PnP asking for crits and you will get them.

But know this if you try stealing art again you will find your name black listed at any game company a polycounter works at.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    Man you're lucky.

You all know damn well if he didn't get caught he would have continued to try and sell it yet his half ass apology passes as such an easy deterrent.

Owned up to it? Please, its a forum. It is faceless and it takes nothing to apologize.

It's pathetic to steal another artists work and I hope if you ever make anything some piss ant steals it and makes a killing.

"I'll be as honest as possible from now on."

as possible? really?
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Just forgive the kid, ericdigital, he made a mistake.

But of course YOU are perfect, and never make mistakes.

Just sayin'
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    I understand what you're saying Joopson and I by no means meant to come off as I'm on a high horse.

I suppose I'm being jumpy in the fact I was quick to assume that he is use to the 3d community. Since this is an issue that comes up on every forum time and time again. If someone knows nothing of the effort that it can require to make 3d art work, it may appear selling it is quite harmless. However as all of us, and anyone who spends even a slight bit of time to grasp the idea of how much work can be involved to create 3d art knows that it is quite belittiling to simply take someone elses work and sell it or even simply claim it as ones own.

To me it just seems quite deliberate rather than a mistake, though I hope as much as you perhaps just getting caught was the wake up call needed to see what he was doing was wrong.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Be careful with your work guys. By all means be proud of it and post shots of your model in all its glory, but reduce the size of your textures on the sample sheets and don't post the actual 3d files. Just use some common sense.

But hey on the bright side, someone thought your models were worth some money, this could be a blessin in disguese! Post your stuff on TS and maybe make some extra change in the future ;)
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18