Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gina Gershon

simple FBI agent:
im working on a scene where some FBI agents raid a drug deal in a factory...

just kinda supporting/background characters, not important..

fed.jpg

im gonna zBrush it, but im working on a sexy female mechanic based on gina gershon right now...:poly141:

Replies

• gilbree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What are you using for reference? The legs are a little short. If they're background characters, the small details aren't as important as the silhouette. Give a little more love to the hands and feet, and put a picture of an FBI agent behind the model so you can make sure they are a realistic height and have good proportions.

The poly count looks nice and efficient, but some of the edge loops could be tweaked just to give the character a more organic and interesting shape. What kinds of details do you plan to add in the texture?

Keep up the good work.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    needs more gina gershon.
  • 120Degree_Flip
    im working on a gina gershon model too, but i dont wanna show it off quite yet, maybe sunday....

yea the legs are short....
    i didnt spend much time on the mesh cause it wasnt a main or even supporting char...

i used a 24 inch anatomy desktop model and just put the polys together in maya...

it was just supposed to be a basemesh to zbrush out a little, im working on getting a good zbrush to maya workflow going.... perfecting normalmapping is touchy....
  • d00kie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d00kie polycounter lvl 17
    Dekard wrote: »
    needs more gina gershon.

seconded.

Even if they are background characters, that's no excuse really to not use reference my good sir. If you put that in your scene, no matter how titalicaious the drugs or Gina Gershon looks, i guarantee you that's the only thing people will see. The kinda long armed, short FBI fellow with an assault rifle. He'll stick out somethin fierce.
    All in all if you use some ref, you could still have your background lvl 1 fbi agent. You could only spend 120 tris on him AND he'd have a killer silhouette that read well.

Not unless you were going for some stylish look, then a thousand apologies.
    But in the meantime: reference

practice makes perfect!
    silence and urine are golden.